Is Diving Near Cartegena, Columbia On Par With Caribbean Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Planning a trip to Columbia and wondering if the diving off Cartegena would be on par with average Caribbean diving?

I dove at the Rosarios. The viz was terrible but the flora was lovely. I was told that the waters are always kind of murky because of river runoff and confluence even that far out. The scuba op guys led me to believe that it would be even worse near Cartagena. I also found the price I was paying to be quite outrageous, particularly because the dives were very close to the island, strict to 45 minutes, nothing extra special in anyway, small boats though in apparently good repair. YMMV

I guess San Andres would be more on par with average Caribbean diving then?

That is my understanding.

San Andres and Providencia are on par with superior Caribbean diving, but you need to take a plane to get there since it is closer to Nicaragua. Isla Rosario (across Cartagena) is quite below average. Overfishing, but corals are beautiful. Cartagena - I would not dive there, due to pollution.

You may not want to go to Cartagena to dive but I will say this…..I have never seen so many beautiful women in one place in my life. Just saying'…..:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom