Is Florida Keys Community College an ADC aff.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stained91109

Registered
Reaction score
I have just enrolled in FKCC thanks to a post by one of the members in this forum...good advice! I will be going there to get exp in marine engineering (propulsion) and diving business technology. Certain people have been promoting going to an ADC accredited school. Does anyone know if FKCC is one? Also is that something i need to consider for a career in the diving industry? Thanks for the help.
:coffee:

-Scott-

I have just enrolled in FKCC thanks to a post by one of the members in this forum...good advice! I will be going there to get exp in marine engineering (propulsion) and diving business technology. Certain people have been promoting going to an ADC accredited school. Does anyone know if FKCC is one? Also is that something i need to consider for a career in the diving industry? Thanks for the help.
:coffee:

-Scott-

ADC? Association of Diving Contractors?

Yes I was curious because my understanding is that to get a career in diving you must attend one of their schools.

NO, the ADC is not an acrediting agency. You want to look the school up under the ACDE or Assoc. of Commercial Diving Educators. Some of the schools may be member of the ADC, but that does not accredit them.

Florida Keys Community College is not listed on their web site as being a member.

An ACDE acredited school is for training in commercial or hard hat diving. It is underwater construction work. Look up the Commercial Diving Academy in Jacksonville, FL. It is not recreational SCUBA diving.

Some community colleges, like Santa Barbara City College do offer programs that are geared for getting you into the recreational SCUBA diving industry and prepare you for work on a charter dive boat or at a resort. Class will get you the management and business training that you need to advance past cabana boy status. Or for less money you can just take recreational SCUBA corses to get your Divemaster/Dive Con and SCUBA Instructor certifications. Then jump into the industry with the rest of the barracudas and see if you can make the swim to success (results will vary depending on your goals and desire to suceed).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom