Is it normal to get your forearm all soaked after drysuit dive??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisherdvm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How much water is too much? It seems like it must be at least 1 cup in each forearm.

I wonder if I am not carrying enough weight, and that may allow more water to get in, since the suit is very tight on the forearms (kinda like a mini squeeze).

I would think you would call it a wet suit or semi dry in this case!

I have got a little dampness under the dump valve but not on my forearms. Sounds like a leaking wrist seal.

Sounds like the cuff is to big or the cuff might of had something caught in it that did not allow the seal to form. Watched a guy trim his cuffs on a new suit and that caused his to leak. Just a thought. :}

You should be dry. The reasons for leakage could be several.

Are they latex or neo? Sometimes my wrist/forearm will be wet sometimes not, can't blame it on the suit though. Use a little KY to ease the wrist seal over your hand and then be sure to "adjust" it a little

I think it could be the seal. I put new seals on it, and it could be that the little thumb loop might not be pushed back in enough. Anyhow, I laid a small bead of aquaseal on the seams at the end of the zipper, just in case. And some aquaseal on the seam tapes that might be lifting. My gut feeling is, it is from the seals.

If you have a deep tendon grove, it may be almost impossable to keep dry. First question is, is it only one hand or both? If both, it may be your grove. Look at the inside of your writs and make a fist, how deep is the grove?

If it is only one hand, compare both hands, is one grove bigger then the other? If not, it may have been one of the things already mentioned above.

Yup, deep tendon grooves. I was playing around with the suit alot, going up, down, flips, etc. Adjusting this, and that underwater... That might explain why so much water got into my suit.

Probably didn't hurt to have alot of aquaseal on some of the loose tape edges either.

Try glove rings and dry gloves. Mine work great and my hands and arms are always dry.

Back
Top Bottom