Is it possible to combine a Titan first stage with S550 second stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divescape

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi I want to ask a very specific question. Is it possible to combine an Aqualung Tiatn first stage (older model without acd) with a scubapro S550 Second stage? I would like to know yes you can, no don't do it, or i would or would not recomend doing this because...
Thank you

Yes you can just make sure the intermediate pressure is correct for the second stage. Most first stage and use the same intermediate ranges and the seconds are tune to that first stage.

You can mix and match as much as you like amongst brands and models without any problems with the possible exception of some Swedish regs.

No problem at all, at worst a minor adjustment of either the first or second stage may be required.
The one possible down side is if your service tech does not service both brands. If that is the case, then you may end up having to take the reg to 2 different shops to have it serviced. If your shop services both brands then it's not an issue. Not necessarily a deal breaker but something to at least consider.

As the other posters have stated, yes you can mix and match. Most second stage regulators operate best on IPs in the 125 - 145 psi range, Some Poseidon's are different and require a higher IP of around 150 - 170 psi range.

Most 1st stage regulators can be made to work with either set-up, however you don't want to mix for example a ScubaPro 2nd and a Poseidon 2nd that have the differing IP needs on the same 1st stage, at the same time.

yes its ok will work just fine its your toy do what you like

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom