Is Poseidon worth it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tek3, XTX200, and XTX50. MTX-RC has not passed to my knowledge

They have different sets depending on the teams down there and some level of individual diver preference from my students that were working there. They preferred the double hoses and Poseidons to the Sherwood and Mares.

Key word "used", also the objection to Atomic and Scubapro is that while an experienced diver can dive damned near any regulator under the ice without issue provided there is no major incident that elevates the SAC rates it does not make them the best choice to go under the ice. Sherwood dry bleeds are a great system, the SPEC boots and similar are not.

You have to have a pretty strong inhale to keep it from chattering, doesn't have rails to deal with lights, doesn't have a weight system to my knowledge *though I haven't had any real issue from it being "floaty"* and it will take the OTS comms for the AGA but they go in upside-down compared to the AGA and the cables come out the wrong side which is weird. I love mine for personal use when I need comms, but I do keep an AGA around just in case I'm in with a big team and need something a bit less unique.

Oh interesting, that's a very different take than when talked to the DSO from down there.

Tek3, XTX200, and XTX50. MTX-RC has not passed to my knowledge
XTX200 has. See attached. I haven't checked the others.

Attachments

• DOC-0304-R-8_XTX 200_200 m testing_DoC_Rev2.1_signed.pdf
    803.2 KB · Views: 86
I am a military diver and have dove under the ice all around the world. Most extreme situation was up in the North Pole camped out on a floating glacier. We dive Poseidon xstream 1st stage reg with an OTS ffm primary reg and a Poseidon as our backup octopus reg. I have been in water temps all the way down to the low 20s and never had an issue. I whole heartedly trust the Poseidon Regs with my life, literally! Just my 2 cents. Cheers 🤙🏼
-Owen F.
This is our setup as well, if I’m rec diving though, I’ll use my Xtreme MK 3 as my primary, and my aqua lung legend on my pony.

Have you used any other brand of regulators to compare or just one brand one model experience?
I have used dozens of Regs and dove everything from hard hats using mixed gas to rebreathers and 100% O2 rigs. Compared to the rest of the scuba gear I have used, poseidons are probably my favorite. That being said, I’m not a gear junky guy who is concerned with my regulator sending me perfectly moisturized and balanced sips of air, I just want it to keep me alive no matter how rough the conditions are. Poseidon checks that box for me and has performed flawlessly regardless of how cold or deep I go.

Yow!

I only made it to the far more tepid North Sea and the Oslofjorden (Nakholmen) — truly, the kiddie pool, but with the added risk of a really nasty ice cream headache.

I salute you!
In my opinion, cold is cold!! Haha and the North Sea is damn cold so I salute you, as well.

What makes you say this?
My comment was sarcasm....

That phrase is frequently uttered by folks who are either clueless, unfamiliar, or attempting to demonstrate their (false) superiority....

I have heard it numerous times told to the new students when they see me diving it and ask the instructor or the DM about it.

Remember, they are all knowing....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom