Is Rescue Diver course worth doing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would just add that this isn't a one time course. Do it once and then do it again later. The first time gives you some good training and perspective. The next time is not only a refresher but also helps extend your skills.

I took rescue and with only 18 OW dives under my belt I thought I might be biting off more than I could chew, but I took it because I had a specific need to when my good friend wanted to go on her first So Cal dive with me, in cold water, kelp, heavy wetsuit, hood and gloves, it sure helped my confidence in being able to be safe ... the course was the hardest, funest, most rewarding, thing that I've done
.. I think that the idea of taking it again as a refresher is a good one , I've seen that some instructors offer to do so at a discounted rate

Thanks for all the input guys. To be honest still no idea what to do as can see the plus sides on both parts. Going to go to the local dive shop today to see when the next rescue course is and maybe price out a reg to see if I can afford them both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom