Is Scuba Mau still Scuba Mau??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepstops

Blacklight Poster
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
I posted here that I'm slated to dive with Scuba Mau next month and received a PM that said the operation doesn't exist any longer. I also saw references that Victor started his own company called "Opal's Dream".

However, I'm still exchanging emails with Joe Matthews (Opal's brother I think) that all is well with Scuba Mau and my planned dives with them are still scheduled.

Without reading through 50+ pages in the other thread, can someone provide a synopsis of what, if anything has changed, and who is running what operation??

Wow, interesting situation you have. Best of luck getting it sorted out.

Not to silt up the water, but all I know is that Mr Toadfish came on here about a week ago and said Mau, Opal's ex husband was continuing to operate a diving outfit called Scuba Mau and linked to the following website: Scuba Mau
And started following new FB page in early October:
Scuba Mau - Wall | Facebook

Which is different from the one associated with the outfit Opal was running:
Scuba Mau Cozumel

:confused:

Why don't you ask for an address of where you need to meet them or do your paperwork or something like that? That might clarify it for you. I expect you are diving with the old shop now called Opal's Dream as I doubt they have turned all their bookings over to Mau.

If you are exchanging emails with Victor or Joseph then you are diving with the soon to be officially renamed Opal's. Same shop, no Mau.
Joseph I am told is answering the emails sent to opal's email address.

I have been communicating with Victor Cime on FB. He has been very responsive as always.

Yes, you will be diving with Opal's Dream Dive Shop. I've been e-mailing with Joseph, also. Same crew, same location, new name. I'll be diving with the boyz on January 4th.

I dove with the boyz last week, they are in transition of changing the name but as Laurie said, same location, same crew, and same great service.

We will be there and diving with the boyz (old Scuba Mau) starting November 5th. May try to dive with Mau (new Scuba Mau) some also. Just wanting to get wet SOON.:D

Does anyone have recent updates on Gabbi's condition?

Sorry for the slightly off topic post, but I didn't want to start another thread for this question.
My wife and I dove with him and SM in June and have been hoping and praying for continued improvements to his health.

Thanks for any info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom