Is the 12-50 really 'one lens to rule them all'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for the voluble info. Appreciate an idea how to make the 12-50mm work with the Oly PT-EP05, yet without having to spend on a new Nauticam hosing.

The only option is putting a dome port on the PT-EP05L, in stead of the standard port.
According to this German guy, the Zen WA-100 port has enough space for the 12-50. Zen also lists the PT-EP05L as working with the dome port, but not the 12-50 lens (possbily due to lack of official zoom gear).
PT-EP01 und mit Olympus E-PL1 und 12-50 - diskutiert auf Taucher.Net
In my first post in this topic, there is a link to the unofficial zoom gear for the 12-50.

My source for the 12-50 not fitting the PT-EP05L is this site by the way (the 60mm macro is identical in length to the 12-50):
Olympus 60mm macro lens review - great option for mirrorless camera macro underwater photography|Underwater Photography Guide

I was wondering if the lens (12-50) would fit in the standard (14-42/9-18) 10bar semidome port? I would prefer somewhat better+wider optics as the 14-42.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom