Is there a license just for spearfishing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ohio allows only the taking of "forage fish" with spear. "Forage Fish" are defined by OAC - Sheepshead in the lake Erie fishing district only, carp, quillback, suckers, bowfin, gar, buffalo, gizzard shad, and goldfish throughout the state are hereby designated as “forage fish” and may be taken by any method except as expressly prohibited. It shall be unlawful for any person to take or possess any fish not mentioned in...this rule, which were taken by snagging, spearing, or shooting with a cross-bow or longbow and arrow.

You can spear goldfish!

It is how we practice for teeny weenie LION FISH.:rofl3:
Because :koh:.

Not real sporting...but who cares.:eyebrow:

Chug
Lionfish Assasin.
:hijack: abandoned.

Yeah, I know alpha is used in much of the rest of the world. I just assumed 20 x 24 was a standard size, so I was making fun of what I though was my odd sized flag.

Actually, the required size of an Alpha flag is one meter (39") square.

Actually, the required size of an Alpha flag is one meter (39") square.
Where is the alpha actually required, though?

In the US, Mexico, and Caribbean, I've never even seen the alpha used. Not cruising much further than that anytime soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom