Is there an App that will allow me to have divers sign a liability release?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Corey, in the Q1-2019 PADI training bulletin they launched the on-line paperwork in the pro-site
Basically the students receive all the forms electronically from PADI, they sign it and you can check the status on-line. No need for you to keep or handle the paperwork.
I've seen the live demo in the Member Forum, it seems pretty neat.

They can fill it from home, at the moment they enrol in the course, before they get to the course location

Hi Corey, in the Q1-2019 PADI training bulletin they launched the on-line paperwork in the pro-site
Basically the students receive all the forms electronically from PADI, they sign it and you can check the status on-line. No need for you to keep or handle the paperwork.
I've seen the live demo in the Member Forum, it seems pretty neat.
Sounds like that requires network (internet) access. They're getting closer though!

Hi Kelemvor, sorry I've edited my post in the meantime ... the idea is that the paperwork is done at the moment they enrol in the course, before they get to the dive location

Are they filling out a paper copy of a form they got online? Physically signing it and then scanning it back in to upload? Or mailing/faxing it back?

Or is this referring to an *electronic* signature of some sort? Which can require a cumbersome process of getting an online secure signature certificate and electronically signing documents, no paper involved?

These days "signing" something can have multiple meanings, and it is hard to assume which one is involved in what are intended to be legal consents.

Hi Rred,
in my understanding, no paper involved, unless there is need for a physician's clearance or if the student chooses not to fill the online forms.
According to the PADI people who presented the change, all the legal & privacy laws matters have been considered and covered.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom