Is there any help for an Uncoordinated newbee?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diana, I really like your honesty! I think being nervous isn't such a bad thing. It sounds to me as if you are very dedicated and conscientious - you want to do well. With the kind of dedication you are showing you will with time. I had problems with buoyancy when I first started diving. I now realize that it was nerves that partly caused it - I overcompensated when I would feel myself moving in a way I did'nt want. Overcompensating goes away with practice/experience. I only have 45 dives logged and I have much better buoyancy control than when I started.
The most important thing I would hope for you is to have fun on your honeymoon - you, hopefully, only have one of those but you'll have many years ahead for diving. Don't ruin your honeymoon worrying about diving!!!
Have fun and tell all when you come back (well maybe not ALL)
he, he,he,:wink:

to an excellent thread. One thing I noticed was no one mentioned what happens to a divers abdomen on descent. The "guts" are one big long tube that contains gaseous materials. Think Boyle's law here. Along with the compressed neoprene you get compressed gut---very slimming and makes the weightbelt loose.

Diana, I hope you have a blast on your Cozumel trip. I also hope you get to see a sea turtle. I saw one a few weeks ago in Florida when I was diving on French reef absolutely magnificent animal.

So all I have to do is attend parties at 3 ATM, & I can fit into more fashionable clothes?

I tend to have a pretty good sized gut, (I think its grown a little since last year) I have to tighten my belt at around 15 ft or so. The important thing is for me to remember to adjust it back out when heading up!!! ouch!!

Hello Deignor,
First, congratulations on becoming one of the world's elite, a Scuba Diver.
Second, all the instructions you have recieved a correct and worth remembering. Every diver has certain problems to overcome when they first start diving. We all have struggled with bouyancy, breathing, gear, and many other problems associated with the art of diving. Believe me when I say "It will become second nature" after you get a few dives under your belt. Everytime you dive your will learn something or do something to make your diving better.
The beautiful diving you will experience in Cozumel will make you so relaxed. By just relaxing your diving skills will improve. After a week of diving you will be a much better diver. Drift diving is about as easy as it gets. Enjoy and give us a trip report when you return.
ps. While in Cozumel try these restuarants: French Quarter(Lousinana style menu), Guidos(Italian menu) and Casa Mission(Mexican menu, of course). If you go to Casa Mission don't forget to carry a camera, it is located in a beautiful Mexican style home, and be sure to go into the home, walk around the garderns and checkout the two Lions. Sure wish I was there now.
Dive Safe and enjoy.
Burt

Deignor is in Coz as we speak probably effortlessly cruising along some beautiful reef not even thinking about the internet! I don't know how long she will be gone... she left Saturday and may be back this weekend. Can't wait for her trip report...

Back
Top Bottom