Is there such a thing as a liveaboard in South Carolina?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaDoo83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be heading down to SC next month for my brother's basic training graduation and was wondering if I could sneak in some diving. Are there any liveaboards in this area? I would prefer that to staying in a hotel waiting to dive. I will be traveling in and out of Charlotte airport and will be renting a car.

I haven't heard of any. What coastal region do you anticipate diving out of? What sort of diving do you prefer?

Richard.

The nearest you can drive to is probably Juliet out of Miami. They seem mostly booked next month.

CLT is a direct flight to either Grand Cayman (Aggressor) or Turks & Caicos (Aggressor or Explorer). This close to "next month" I tink you'll have problems finding a space. With the morning AA flights, they'll pick you up at the airport so there's no land cost except the shuttle ride.

You know Charlotte is is in North Carolina right? Did you mean Charleston, SC? No good diving there either although by now it's warm.

there's basically no good diving in SC period so unfortunately not...

I am very surprised by this for some reason (although have not previously been there myself). As far as "coastal region" I was going to rent a car so it did not matter to me, I would take any decent operation I found. diversteve thanks for correcting me :)

You don't say where you are staying in SC or the time frame but your best bet may be to drive up to Wilmington to dive the NC coast.

You don't say where you are staying in SC or the time frame but your best bet may be to drive up to Wilmington to dive the NC coast.
Intentionally so, consider it open. I plan my trips around diving availability.

As far as "coastal region" I was going to rent a car so it did not matter to me, I would take any decent operation I found.

Cool. I asked wondering whether you will be close enough to North Carolina to head up and dive there. My wife & her old high school buddy have done a couple of 'girls' trips' to Myrtle Beach, so I checked into South Carolina diving and wasn't compelled to go. North Carolina, on the other hand, I specifically went to for diving (trip report with links about diving the region).

Are you comfortable with deep diving, wreck diving (though I hear they also dive deep ledges out of Wilmington) and diving around sand tiger sharks?

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom