Is This A Good Deal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ta2ude

Registered
Reaction score
I am new to diving but from what I am told living in Ontario Canada, if I want to dive around here and be comfortable I am going to need a drysuit. A local shop is selling off last years stock at discounted prices and I was wondering if this was a good deal or not.

Bare Trilam Hd Pro Drysuit-$699.99
Bare Hi Loft Undergarments-$199.99
Trek Boots-$59.99

All this is brand new just last years stock.

Sounds like a great deal if everything fits you. Don't sacrifice good fit for price.

The drysuit is a very good deal.

That's a fairly good price for the undergarment. If you're on a budget, you could opt to purchase polartec fleece of the appropriate thickness at a local sporting goods store.

I've had my Trek boots for several years. They don't give much ankle support and they are quite bulky in the forefoot, but they have lasted for quite some time now. Wearing these boots will almost certainly necessitate purchasing a set fins with a large foot pocket. Another option is to go with the Converse Chuck Taylors.

Sounds like a great deal if everything fits you. Don't sacrifice good fit for price.

I haven't tried it on yet but he says it's the "perfect" size for me. The suit is XL and I am 5'10" and weigh in between 205 and 210 lbs. He has the underwear in Large or XL.

The drysuit is a very good deal.

That's a fairly good price for the undergarment. If you're on a budget, you could opt to purchase polartec fleece of the appropriate thickness at a local sporting goods store.

Agreed! I use Polartec 300 fleece pants and top and wear UnderArmor cold gear underneath. There is no need for the expensive "specialty" drysuit under wear IMO. Check out Cabella's, they have the Polartec at very cheap prices.

Good luck,
Skarn

I haven't tried it on yet but he says it's the "perfect" size for me. The suit is XL and I am 5'10" and weigh in between 205 and 210 lbs. He has the underwear in Large or XL.

You're about my size and XL is where I'd start trying things on. Of course, it will depend on whether your weight is lean or 'bulky'... [lemme tell you about bulky...:depressed:]. Bottom line, you have to be trying it on first.

You're about my size and XL is where I'd start trying things on. Of course, it will depend on whether your weight is lean or 'bulky'... [lemme tell you about bulky...:depressed:]. Bottom line, you have to be trying it on first.

I leave for Cozumel Sunday so I will nsee if he still has the suit when I get back and I will go from there. As far as the lean or bulky thing I am bulkier in my midsection than anywhere else....must be the cerveza.....but most people describe me as "stocky".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom