Is this a reputable online dive store?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I couldn't find much feedback online, and they say how the recently changed name (used to be "Virginia Scuba"). Should it be OK to order online from there?

The owner of this shop was the previous owner of Virginia Scuba and has no connection to Virginia Scuba at this time. Seems a little misleading for him to say he changed the shop name when he really sold the old one and started a new shop.

Fwiw, I bought an "storm" al plate and harness from Dolphin Scuba for 60 shipped off eBay. webbing seemed a little stiff at first but it's worked out great as my summer plate until I switch back to my Hog SS winter plate with light monkey harness.

I haven't really seen anything cheaper then that except a $20 used DR AL plate off Craigslist.

The owner of this shop was the previous owner of Virginia Scuba and has no connection to Virginia Scuba at this time. Seems a little misleading for him to say he changed the shop name when he really sold the old one and started a new shop.

This is a blatent mischaracterization resulting from an improper reading of the "About" page.

"With the goal of providing a one stop shop for Technical Divers, Southern Exposure Diving, the online extension to Virginia Scuba, was built in 2008 under the name of 'Tech Diver Direct'. In April 2010 we changed our name to Southern Exposure Diving to reflect new business offerings "

Also, at the bottom of the page, this:

"- Mark Palomba
Owner of
Southern Exposure Diving
Owner of Virginia Scuba"

Is a pretty clear indication that if he no longer owns Virginia Scuba, he has just not updated his page.

I don't know him or the shop, I just found this annoying.

You're right, it was the name of the online storefront that he changed. I hope he does a better job of updating his inventory and pricing on his website than he does of updating his business ownership status.

Back
Top Bottom