Is this ok?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, the one without the button is the newer one. Not sure I can live with a battery that has had its collar removed🤦‍♂️😂

The charger I bought from Amazon so was considering returning it.

But of course now I have a butchered battery, one old charger and one new.

Looks like I'll just buy some orca torch 21700 batteries which are USB-C direct charge and return to Amazon the new charger.

I'm a bit anti orca torch though.

I'm really good at wasting money, it's my skill.

First tithe problems🙇
For some of us waiting money is an Olympic sport.

Your battery is still perfectly fine. It is just as safe as all the other batteries that never had the collar. If I lived near you, I would save thousands of dollars on dive gear :wink: !
I trust you. I'll remove collar on my other O light battery and keep new charger.

I had offered my friend in Japan my old charger in anticipation of new one. He shall now get it.

Do be sure not to short between the metal ring and the metal bump on the battery. But that is true for every battery.

Do be sure not to short between the metal ring and the metal bump on the battery. But that is true for every battery.
Now I'm worried again😂🤦‍♂️

Mad I tell you.

Merry Christmas to all🙏🏻

What would happen if I touched the outside ring and center pin with a screw driver. (And no I'm not going to try it to find out, just curious)

If your charger does not have reverse polarity protection, stop using it and get a better one that does. A lot of the free included chargers are dangerous pieces of crap...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom