Is this ok?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your charger does not have reverse polarity protection, stop using it and get a better one that does. A lot of the free included chargers are dangerous pieces of crap...
I use these. I'm afraid I have almost zero knowledge about batteries.

IMG_3886.jpeg

IMG_3887.jpeg

If it just came off, it is probably a shipping cap to protect it from contacting anything. Battery designs are standardized so it would not make any sense for it to deviate from the standard.

I have some O light 21700 batteries but they will not work with my charger as they have a black collar on positive so the metal head is recessed so battery charger is unable to contact. I've removed the plastic collar. Is this bad for any reason?

Thank you

View attachment 817270
View attachment 817271
View attachment 817273
Insulating rings on the positive contact for batteries type 21700. Prevent short circuits during welding (soldering) of batteries and when the nickel plates overheat under high loads.

What would happen if I touched the outside ring and center pin with a screw driver. (And no I'm not going to try it to find out, just curious)
That is like crossing the streams! Just don't do it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom