Is written final exam a requirement or optional for SSI Stress & Rescue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greymatterfan

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all -

I'm going through the miserable time of trying to get a refund after a horrid SSI Stress & Rescue class experience.

I don't want to go into all the details here (you can look for my old threads) but the bottom line is that we took the class & open water and were never entered into the SSI system as having taken Stress & Rescue. (aside from that, the class was useless and crammed into one night of pool & 'lecture')

I've been in contact with the dive shop owner and he tells me we weren't entered in the system because we did not take the optional final exam..

Can anyone with SSI Stress & Rescue certificate confirm that you took a written final exam? If so, did this happen prior to or after open water?

Thanks for any info!

Hello all -

I'm going through the miserable time of trying to get a refund after a horrid SSI Stress & Rescue class experience.

I don't want to go into all the details here (you can look for my old threads) but the bottom line is that we took the class & open water and were never entered into the SSI system as having taken Stress & Rescue. (aside from that, the class was useless and crammed into one night of pool & 'lecture')

I've been in contact with the dive shop owner and he tells me we weren't entered in the system because we did not take the optional final exam..

Can anyone with SSI Stress & Rescue certificate confirm that you took a written final exam? If so, did this happen prior to or after open water?

Thanks for any info!

From SSI Training Standards
11. Final Exam: Each student receiving Diver Stress &
Rescue certification must have passed a Final Exam
with a minimum passing score of 80%.

The exam isn't optional.

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom