Isla Mujeres WHALE SHARKS!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

man you wiggle A LOT, I was getting sea sick by the third minute..........you might try 720P x 60FPS, it comes out much much smoother

Looks like YOU wiggle a lot, too! ...and you mean I was doing a lot of action and brought an ACTION cam with me? lol, j/k! I don't think it's that bad, actually, I REALLY like it! But my excitement did get the best of me - I just wanted to swim alongside the sharks for as long and close as possible... I'm just happy I managed to keep the camera pointed at them SOME of the time, hahaha. And my video software doesn't handle 60FPS at the moment, and neither does youtube, and it still took 8+ hours to upload that video at 30FPS...so that's sort of pointless for me to use in reality.

You're the Dive "Pro"... where are your videos??? You have all the suggestions and answers but no videos. Please, show me how it's done... And try to do one keeping the camera steady while swimming your ass off at the surface... at a moment in time where something so exciting has you giggling like a little school girl.

:coffee:

60 fps, and look how steady the camera is even at the end of a 2' polecam mount..........

60 fps also shows streams of exhale bubbles smooth as silk as they rise.

I soley shoot in 720 60fps for these reasons, as all video on the surface or while diving is simply captured at a higher resolution of frame rate.

Swimming Pole Cam - YouTube

Thanks for the advice, I truly understand the concept, but when my video software and/or uploading service (youtube) knock it back down to 30FPS, shooting at 60FPS is just wasting storage space. I have some pretty smooth diving videos - not pro quality, but something I'm extremely happy with, but it's a LOT harder to keep it smooth while swimming your ass off at the moving surface. If you'd like to buy me a few TB of hard-drive space and some professional editing software, I'd be more than happy to shoot that way. ... and for a simple 15 second clip, yours is shaking also! I don't enjoy coming off as a prick, but I feel like you just wanted to come in and slam me, so the favor has been returned!

Lucky guy! A lot of people will dive their whole life and not meet a single whale shark, and you got what, 3 or 4 adult size hanging around you? I had my whale shark encounter at the Persian Gulf, drained my tank in no time chasing after it!

As of the shakiness, it is shaky but keep in mind that at the surface, even if you're standing still, there is a lot more influence of the surface waves jerking you around.

60 fps, and look how steady the camera is even at the end of a 2' polecam mount.........

The video from a pole mounted camera does not shake a lot when you point it at yourself, as you're moving along with it - so that other video was not a good standard to compare who "shakes more". Compare it to a video where a camera is mounted on the hood of a offroad car: the car itself seems stable as a rock, but everything around is bumpy. Just look at the sea floor at your video for comparison.

Yeah, that day was nothing short of magnificent! There had to be 100+ sharks in the area that day - definitely too many to count! My biggest problem was figuring out which shark to go to! hahaha, life is pretty good at that point! I'm green with envy you dove with one! Ohhhh what I'd give to have my scuba gear that day... too bad it's against the law in Mexico - but it's probably for good reason.

cool video, I would have been so excited to swim with a bunch of whale sharks, its like a dream for me. As for the video, it is shaky, but its a GoPro, most people's GoPro videos are pretty shaky. the only think I didn't really care for was your first song, it's not the song really, but rather that it doesn't fit your video. Idk maybe its just me but graceful whale sharks and metal don't mix, but whatever floats ur boat. I film all of my videos in 720P 60 FPS because when you slow-motion the clips or fast-forward them it is still sharp and smooth. I'm not sure what program your using and what not but your video looks pretty good. Here's a link for my videos if your interested and want any tips lmk. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/go...s-goliath-grouper-stingrays-its-all-here.html

Good video. You need to keep your camera more steady, this is difficult with a gopro that is a light set up you can try with a tray and other add ons until is a bit more sturdy
A monopod is not ideal as it isn't to keep your camera in your hand

The frames per second make no difference on how shaky the footage looks might in specific cases make a difference on how the subjects move into the frame, but your problem is your own movement

Nevertheless very enjoyable, you might want to re-edit and remove the parts where you are moving too much to avoid sea sickness in the viewer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom