ISO rigorous (NAUI) Master Diver course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rescue and the Master scuba diver *class* (e.g. via NAUI) or an intro to tech (in single tank gear) might be a good choice. You should learn a lot. People will understand the intro to tech, though they may not understand the (NAUI) master diver. Oh well. In all cases, the card just puts you in provisional OW, AOW, post AOW, and maybe really Ok bins. Talking, gearing up, and in water will tell more of the truth.

Unless you want to start teaching, I would not yet do a leadership class. Yes, you will learn a lot, but you also gain legal liability as you are then a professional who may have a duty to have performed in some manner. And you might feel the need for yearly insurance to guard against that liability.

In NAUI, all the leadership level physics, physiology, etc, are tested in the non leadership NAUI master diver class. So NAUI Dive Master needs NAUI Master Diver (or equivalent).

For the side discussion:
That equivalency requires at least passing the master diver exam, though you do not need to become a NAUI master diver. I'm currently a NAUI Dive Master candidate, I've passed the NAUI Master Diver exam, but I am not a NAUI Master Diver. And as of recently, leadership grades start with a FIT class that then branches out to the others, like Assistant Instructor and Dive Master.

Edit:
Mephki, It seems you may be asking where to get such dive training. It would help to let people know where you are based, or what warm water you have in mind, like Florida, the Caribbean, etc.
Thank you for ending one argument on the thread. If you pass the NAUI MD exam, it means you have skills and knowledge AND it "opens doors". Problem solved (even a PADI MSD like me can follow that).

There was a thread on this last year. I took the Naui MSD before bec9ming a Padi DM. The MSD course was very good and had almost all the knowledge of the DM cpurse. What you don't have non diving information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom