isolation manifold extension knob question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverintheflesh

Contributor
Reaction score
I just bought a manifold and it came with an extension. does anyone know if this is permanently attached to the isolation manifold portion or can it be removed and a standard knob attached. I have never used one of these. I wouldn't use it in cave, but in open water, I might have to leave it until I get a replacement. I know isolation manifold sections are not expensive. how much do these cost? maybe i'll sell it...

I can service regs, so I can disassemble it if necessary.

thanks.

attachment.php

It is not permanently attached and yes you can swap out a knob very easy. You should have no problem selling it and they are not too cheap last time I saw one. A lot of divers just starting out in BM "think" that they need one of these but later realize that they don't need it and never use it again. The only ones that really benifit from are those will severe joint damage, but most of those divers are going to side mount.

It is called a slob knob. As said above it can be removed. Note that the rubber knob on the end goes back on to the valve on the manifold. That is you do not need to buy a replacement knob.

Hang onto that slob knob! There are folks that will pay good money for them since they are not made anymore.

...please recycle it. Nobody should be using extensions....

I could not disagree more. There are people with physical constraints for whom a slob knob is a Godsend. Your nearsighted view of how people should dive is not appreciated by those who work with the physically challenged.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

I work with handicapped divers. None of them need that device. Certainly not on an isolation manifold.

If you can't reach your valves you shouldn't be in doubles. Show me a training manual that says put a slob knob on your equipment.

The capitalist in me says SELL!
The diver in me says KILL IT WITH FIRE! :nuke:

Back
Top Bottom