Isotherm Fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trey915

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently purchased a closeout of the 2006 Isotherm in a XXL. Unfortunately I am between a XL and a XXL so the fit is not perfect. Is there a way to reduce or eliminate all the air pockets in this suit? I am finding that I have to wear a lot of weight to compensate for the air unless I flood the suit, which then defeats the purpose of the semi-dry. Any ideas?

Can you burp it? While bobbing in the water before decent open a wrist or the neck seal as a high point and let the air get pushed out. The close it just prior to the flood?

Pete

I can get some of the air out that way, but I can't seem to get it all out. Plus, I have been using it with a hood, so I can't open the neck seal because of the hood. I wasn't able to do much with the wrist seals because the majority of the air was in my chest area.

Hi Trey,

I have a couple of suggestions. With the suit on, zipped, and cuffs rolled under as if you are ready to go diving. Before you put your hood on, put one arm around your waist area, with the other hand open the neck seal and take a deep bend at the knees. Prior to standing let the neck seal close, then stand. This will do a very good job of expelling most of the air. This technique is used frequently with drysuits. Another option is to try and expel the air through your arm. Underwater raise one arm to the highest point and slightly open the wrist seal. This should help a little as well. It may take a little moving around to shift the air towards the wrist, but if done properly it will allow the air to escape while not letting in water.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Zak,
That does help, especially the part about prior to putting the hood on. As for the arm relief in the water this doesn't seem to work well because of my gloves. It may be because I didn't roll the seals in and just slipped my arms through and then had the gloves in between the 2 layers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom