Issues with Aeris Atmos AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gdog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Have logged about 75 dives on my Aeris Atmos AI, and most of those dives it has worked great. However, occasionally, and very sporadically, when attatching the regs to a new tank, like on a 2 tank boat dive, it will display incorrect PSI readings. If the tank is closed, air vented thru the regulator, then the tank reopened, it will show a different psi, sometimes the correct psi, other times not. It has taken up to 3-4 times of this procedure to get the hopefully correct psi reading. I have sent it back to Aeris when it first did it, I have taken it to the dive shop, and both times on the bench it behaved properly. Kinda tough to convince anybody that it is acting up. However, just got back from Cozumel, and it did it again twice. The first time, it responded correctly after the first go thru of the above procedure. The second time, I believed it, requested a different tank due to a short fill, they checked the tank, and what I showed as 2750 was actually 3000. I know this is not a big difference, but still incorrect. I have had it read 1400 on 3000 psi fill. Not sure how to procede...any suggestions? I really like it otherwise, my wife and I both use it, but we both have had the same issues.

Hmmm.... water getting inside the QD or through the first stage perhaps?

My wife and I have over 120 dives on our AIs without any
issues. The computers are only about 18 months old though.

Just thinking/guessing outloud....

Any air leaks/bubbles around the QD?
There is a tiny o-ring just inside the QD fitting opening on the dive computer.
Ours was looking ratty so I had it replaced.
(You need a bright light and a mag lens to look inside the hole
of the QD of computer)

Maybe its not the computer but the first stage or HP hose.
Maybe the valve in the QD fitting inside the HP hose isn't opening
properly when the computer is pushed onto it.
The center pipe inside the QD on the HP hose moves in and opens
the valve as the computer is connected. Maybe its not
working properly due to corrosion or bad orings.
Has the HP hose and QD ever been serviced?

Just some ideas.

--- bill

Highly unusual to have tank PSI readings that erratic out of the AI. No matter how they tested in your local dive shop your unit is having some kind of HP transducer issue. Please return to your retail to send into our customer service department for testing and if needed repair.

Regards,
Darryl Bowerman
South-Central Sales Representative

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom