it finally happened

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k374

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
After a decade of travel and never being robbed I was finally pickpocketed in Macao. Some piece of scum managed to unzip my backpack, possibly on the crowded escalator? and help themselves to my iPhone 3g which was in a top pocket. Ah, so bummed! The phone has autolock turned on so at least I have some security for my data. i'm guessing the thief will just erase and restore instead of trying to break into the phone. well, at least the phone is over 2 yrs old so got some use out of it... maybe it's an excuse to upgrade to a faster iPhone 4 :)

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that! I've never been robbed of what's personally on me, but I can imagine that is extremely frustrating and disturbing.

That's a bummer to hear, so sorry! The iPhone 4 is a great update from the 3G though, so that's a bit of a silver lining :)

I haven't been pickpocketed yet in my travels, but I also picked up some fairly specific travel gear (pants/shirts/jackets with a ton of zipper pockets, Pacsafe bags) to help prevent it as much as I can. I guess we all need to remember to always be aware and make backup copies of our important travel documents, sorry you had to serve as a reminder.

I use a backpack at times. I use a safety pin on the zipper so a thief must open the pin first (I suppose there are those good enough to do so without me noticing). Growing up in NY makes you think of that stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom