It is NOT the Gulf Oil Spill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is rare when the Oil company owns the rig, those days have gone by. The Deepwater Horizon is owned by Transocean, working for BP. BP had people on board the rig. The majority of the basic drilling work is done by Transocean employees, there are some specialized work that is typically done by other contractors, i.e. Halliburton, Schlumberger, Cameron, etc. There is always a BP Supervisor and Transocean supervisor. The "captain of the ship" is a Transocean employee, however there were no less than three people in a "supervisory position" who could have/should have changed the process, 1 BP, 2 TO.

Personally, I object to calling the disaster in the Gulf of Mexico the "Gulf Oil Spill." BP's PR flacks have spent a lot of time and effort to brand the spill the Gulf Oil Spill so BP would not be forever tarnished with this mega-disaster.

When the Exxon Valdez ran aground on Bligh Reef and cracked open, spilling all tha oil into Alaska's waters, we didn't call it the "Prince William Sound Spill," we appropriately called it the Exxon Valdez Spill, reminding everyone forever of Exxon's role in that disaster.

I call the current environmental catastrophe the BP Oil Spill, and always will.

As divers, we want to remind the world at every turn it was BP that caused this.

The BP Oil Spill.

Jeff

BP may have caused it but the fed gov allowed it by only mandating one BOP when virtually every other country requires multiples.

But I agree, it should be called something other than just Gulf Oil spill, that begs the question of which one....

Deny, downplay then dodge and duck the responsibility... Just like any other sociopath.

Sounds like the gooberment :D

Sounds like the gooberment :D

DSC_1808-2A.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom