• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Items for Zeagle Ranger Save-A-Dive kit?

Discussion in 'Buoyancy Compensators (BC's) and Weight Systems' started by omegared, Oct 15, 2020.

1. omegared

omegared Angel Fish

What spare parts should I keep on hand for my Ranger? (Not LTD). Just want to get any specific items/spare parts in my save-a-dive kit.

2. Aviyes

Aviyes Barracuda

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    This is all I carry for my Stiletto. Picked it up after misplacing my shoulder valve gasket,
    BC Repair Kit

3. omegared

omegared Angel Fish

Thats perfect, and now I feel dumb for asking. Hah. Thank you!

4. Bigbella

Bigbella ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    I'd also add a tube of Aquaseal and accellerant to that kit, which came in handy, when my vest / bladder was punctured by some idiot's treble hook -- far more effective than those "tear-aid" patches . . .

5. 207diver

207diver Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    The Zeagle BX power inflator seems to be prone to failure. Having a spare on hand might not hurt. I’ve rebuilt mine a few times but a spare is probably the easier option for most.

6. omegared

omegared Angel Fish

Good call. I am converting mine to an AIR2, and will keep the current BX inflator as a spare. I tried the Octo+, and I just preferred the AIR2 button placement and function. Secondary factor was my better half has an AIR2 on her Ladyhawk, so if one or the other goes down, I can give her my AIR2 and put my actual octo on, and we are back in business. Also, added aquaseal to the list. Thank you gentlemen.

7. omegared

omegared Angel Fish

How hard would it be to get my hands on one of these external dump valve assemblies? The hand screw on/off makes me a little nervous.

8. boat sju

boat sju Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Did this happen at the Monterey breakwater by any chance?

I'd suggest adding a few more Schraeder valves to your save-a-dive kit and the tool for them. They can be a common problem.

Bigbella likes this.
  9. Bigbella

Bigbella ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    It actually occurred on the Carmel side, near Asilomar, where there was frequent surf-fishing, in the past . . .

boat sju likes this.