It's time to play "Steal or No Steal" !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saturday through Wednesday... hat is still in my possession.

More information as it becomes available.

PS - the lionfish eradication efforts here seem to be working. Very few spotted. We did our first five dives without seeing any. The Windjammer however (200ft) had some that were the size of a Christmas goose. Out of 18 dives so far I'd say we've only seen a dozen or so.

We've only done 8 dives over the same 5 days, so take this for what it's worth...

I agree that the lionfish culling efforts are helping but we've seen several lionfish on every dive, usually in pairs. Eradication would be ideal, but they appear to be here to stay for a while. A couple of weekends ago STINAPA hosted a 2-day lionfish derby with 11 teams participating. They harvested 965 lionfish in 2 days.

Looking closely at my wide angle photos from last week I am finding lion fish in them that I didn't see while on the dive. They need to do that derby monthly and get the same type of kill. That said, the fish life on reef seemed to be great.

ummm, we kinda got away from the Hat...... y'all remember the hat... right:confused:
Anyway,,, it appears the hat still has its owner to date........ I will keep watching:blinking:
FYI... I like the talon airlines link too - anyway that we can piggy back on your flight to bonaire next time you fly with them Tridacna? We would take off from Norfolk, VA
Have a Parrot that we would take with us.

ummm, we kinda got away from the Hat...... y'all remember the hat... right:confused:
Anyway,,, it appears the hat still has its owner to date........ I will keep watching:blinking:
FYI... I like the talon airlines link too - anyway that we can piggy back on your flight to bonaire next time you fly with them Tridacna? We would take off from Norfolk, VA
Have a Parrot that we would take with us.

That's funnier than you think. We have a Jardine, a Cockatiel and a Hyacinth Macaw (that 'may' not fit in the cabin). And if you think that the G5 is nice, their custom Sikorsky has a conference table. The ONLY way to get to NYC. Only problem is that the free flights are usually one way only. You're on your own on the way back!

Last edited:
I just packed for the keys. Leaving tomorrow. Got a nice full checked bag at 46lbs, and a carryon pelican with regs, lights, computers, etc. I have a problem though. I don't want to check a 2nd bag, and I have no room left for clothes... Anyone else had this problem?

Maybe this should go in RJPs other post... You know you're a diver when...you pack all your gear for a trip, and have no room to bring any clothes!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: RJP
I just packed for the keys. Leaving tomorrow. Got a nice full checked bag at 46lbs, and a carryon pelican with regs, lights, computers, etc. I have a problem though. I don't want to check a 2nd bag, and I have no room left for clothes... Anyone else had this problem?

Hey, just buy cheap t-shirts and shorts in the Keys. If you really want to save money you can go commando. I do. :wink::dork2::tmi2:

Week over. Sitting in the airport now. We did 21 different sites, on every part of the island. I still have my hat and cheap sunglasses. My buddy left shorts, t-shirt, and sneakers in the truck all week as well. He still has that stuff in his possession.

All is right with the world!

Next time it should be made as a challenge for SBers.

"Where's the hat - find Ray"

Reactions: RJP

Back
Top Bottom