It's winter... so...Time to plan that next dive trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nautilus23

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, just joined this site, so thought I would introduce myself. I live in France, near the Pyrenees, bit far from the sea, but nearest places are the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean. Anyone diving around here?

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard! :admingreet:

Have you looked at your local forum here?

Hi, just joined this site, so thought I would introduce myself. I live in France, near the Pyrenees, bit far from the sea, but nearest places are the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean. Anyone diving around here?

You live in one of the nicest places in Western Europe. I envy you being able to look at the night sky and to contemplate life's little (and not so little) problems with the whole universe above your head reminding you to put it all in perspective.

I grew up in the middle of nowhere in the Canadian Rockies and now live in the Netherlands where you can't see any stars for about 300 days a year. When I moved here I told my father that I regretted leaving the mountains behind.... He said, "You'll do fine. You can take the boy out of the mountain, but you never take the mountain out of the boy". He was right.

I already have my next dive trip planned (getting the the reason I responded to your post). I'm going to the south of Egypt in January. Your profile says you've been to Egypt before so you'll know that it's only 4 hours flying and that the Red Sea was put there by God himself as a gift to divers.

If you haven't been to the south, I would recommend it. If you're interested I'll gladly give you some more info about where we go.

... oh and welcome to Scubaboard.

R..

Back
Top Bottom