I've been lurking...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

racedude1984

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello My Name is Josh. Recently certified OW diver. I'm located in Central Florida (Orlando). Been diving out at Alexander springs. Had a beach dive at Brandenton beach and Venice Beach. I've had an account here for a few weeks, I've been browsing around. I left my hobby of racing cars to get into diving. Use to live in central Illinois. Hoping to get into a dive club and join some great adventures.

Welcome to ScubaBoard, Josh. You might consider posting this in the "Introductions and Greets" section, which is a good place to begin your SB "relationship". I hope you'll enjoy SB.

I just dove Alexander Springs the other day, have you been to Blue Spring yet??? Blue is cool. Also, since you live in Orlando, you should check out the Vero Beach area, and Pompano Beach, Ft Lauderdale area for beach diving, we do a lot of trips around florida, it's a blast, remember to wear your reef gloves though, i just cut my finger on a ship wreck and got a nasty infection.

I just dove Alexander Springs the other day, have you been to Blue Spring yet??? Blue is cool. Also, since you live in Orlando, you should check out the Vero Beach area, and Pompano Beach, Ft Lauderdale area for beach diving, we do a lot of trips around florida, it's a blast, remember to wear your reef gloves though, i just cut my finger on a ship wreck and got a nasty infection.

Yeah I learned my leasson on wearing gloves when I kept drigting closer to the sugar barge and put my hands on it to gain support. needless to say I have a nice hole in my finger. I've read alot about vero beach I'm hoping to check that out. Also it's funny you mention ft. Lauderdale. I heard someone today in the dive shop talking about going to Lauderdale-by-the-sea. I'm gonna plan on going here before the storms screw up the visibility.

Yeah I learned my leasson on wearing gloves when I kept drigting closer to the sugar barge and put my hands on it to gain support. needless to say I have a nice hole in my finger. I've read alot about vero beach I'm hoping to check that out. Also it's funny you mention ft. Lauderdale. I heard someone today in the dive shop talking about going to Lauderdale-by-the-sea. I'm gonna plan on going here before the storms screw up the visibility.

Welcome to scubaboard...

I drive right by there on the way to the fort lauderdale area several times a year... great people and great diving in that area...

Back
Top Bottom