I've never seen this discussed on SB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coldwaterdufus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok, cold water diving, drysuit , pee valve. My problem is cold water temps and the effects on certain parts of ones anatomy, male that is. Diving in water temps from 39 F to 45 'ish. Think George from Seinfeld and the swimming pool. The member in question goes from a certain size :D and then, at the end of the dive, it reminds me of that song from Shania Twain " Man, I feel like a woman ". It actually is amazing. Problem is the size of cathetor that initially fits doesn't seem to work quite as well at the end of the dive due to the issues discussed above. Nearer the end of the dive is when you usually need the p valve.

This is a problem that I have encountered. Seriously ! I honestly do not expect a solution. Some things you just can't change. The reason for the post is to bring a little chuckle to all of you and to wish you a Merry Christmas, assuming I can still say that politically.

How about using a condom beforehand, before the major shrinkage, to "seal the deal". I know from experience, condoms adhere very well after shrinkage, and are very effective at trapping liquids. So can't you MacGiver the P-Valve with a condom together for pee-free worries?

Based on experience : once (ages & ages ago, first girlfriend...), forgot that I had a condom on when waking up early in the morning, desperate to go take a leak, not quite woken up...

Then, seconds later, you foggy sleep-state mind thinks of two things you've never experience before :

1) I'm taking a leak, but no sound is being made?!?!?!

2) What is this huge weight tugging me?!?!?!

Have you ever tried emptying a filled water balloon without getting any water all over the place? :water::fail: :toiletclaw:

Needless to say, I was quite woken up when the ordeal was over.

Hope this helps...

BTW - Who else has this happened to? :blush:

R U sure its not just a problem of over estimating your size? :wink:
I am guessing there are an lot of guys thinking they need L or XL when they are just M sized.....

I think the first thing I would do is buy some warmer undergarments.

In my scenario it was just the opposite I would say.

Honestly the "Help me Pee" drysuit + girl thread was a hoot, I never thought it would be a problem for guys. If the fitting is too big, then a condom would help, and would be easier on the skin to remove, as to compared to, duct tape.

R U sure its not just a problem of over estimating your size? :wink:
I am guessing there are an lot of guys thinking they need L or XL when they are just M sized.....

Back
Top Bottom