Jack Waite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaminjonny

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all, just looking to do some family history research. I am looking for any pictures or stories to share about my grandfather. Thank you

Allover the magazine [Skin Diver issue 1] is Jack Waite who was our diving buddy until his untimely death 40 years ago

SDM

You are a little bit late to ask Sam Miller III, but his son is also a diver and I imagine has inherited his father's famous collection of diving memorabilia. It's very likely he knew your grandfather.

I don't believe the son posts here. But he is easily found: Dr. Sam Miller IV, practicing in Santa Maria, CA.

Following up.

A scan of SDM #1 is attached. The originals are rare and valuable.

Here's a crop of one of the pages
Screenshot_20220829-101633-441.png

Attachments

• skin-diver-first-issue-1951.pdf
    10 MB · Views: 124
You are a little bit late to ask Sam Miller III, but his son is also a diver and I imagine has inherited his father's famous collection of diving memorabilia. It's very likely he knew your grandfather.

I don't believe the son posts here. But he is easily found: Dr. Sam Miller IV, practicing in Santa Maria, CA.
Thank you very much, Any info is wonderful. Thanks for taking time for this...WOW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom