Jacket inflate vs Back inflate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No double D, I didn't think that was zero viz. I said almost zero viz. Zero viz would be not being able to see my glove even if it was touching my mask. When I'm down there towards the end of my dive, I'll stir up some stuff and see what it's like. Then practice some more ascents and descents in it. Not at 45 feet tho. Maybe 10 to 15. It'll be good practice. I would imagine extremely micro adjustments and fast but smooth and small reactions to tiny changes in the pressure on your ears is the best way to navigate up?

Oh, mask pressure too. Actually that should be more accurate I think as long as I don't blow out my nose. I feel it squeeze and release sooner than I feel my ears. Ill just suck it in tight, and base my adjustments off of that. I know I'm going to be letting out air as i go up. Shouldn't be too hard.

Hahaha actually I like that. You put a smile on my face and I'm in a better mood now. I'll try it with my eyes closed first. Then stir some stuff up. How many divers get to say they practiced zero viz ascents and descents on their second dive? Me =)

Hey, I thought of something else too. Murphys law. In a zero viz situation a bc inflator hose malfunction could be devastating. I should practice unhooking the hose in case of free flow with my eyes closed. Not sure how often inflator hoses malfunction like that, but my DM says it could happen.

Last edited:
As I said, I'm ignoring 'master00sniper' now. I've been on the forum long enough not to get suckered in by attention hungry nerds. Would advise others to do the same.

Don%27t%20feed%20the%20troll.jpg

images

Last edited:
As I said, I'm ignoring 'master00sniper' now. I've been on the forum long enough not to get suckered in by attention hungry nerds. Would advise others to do the same.

Yeah that totally makes sense. I'm an attention hungry nerd tired of the attention. Thank you for the pm don. It was inspiring. I'll take the time to message you back after work.

Yeah that totally makes sense. I'm an attention hungry nerd tired of the attention. Thank you for the pm don. It was inspiring. I'll take the time to message you back after work.

Hey, if I insult somebody, I will be fine with owning up to it...But in this case, you are assigning DevonDiver's post to me....his tagline says Andy..mine says DanV
As you are thanking a "Don" and posting back to Andy, I am pretty sure you are not seeing the post well on your phone.

Regards,
DanV

Hey, if I insult somebody, I will be fine with owning up to it...But in this case, you are assigning DevonDiver's post to me....his tagline says Andy..mine says DanV
As you are thanking a "Don" and posting back to Andy, I am pretty sure you are not seeing the post well on your phone.

Regards,
DanV

oh, sorry, I didn't mix you two up.

It was 2 completely different thoughts put together, that should have been 2 different paragraphs. I do that often. You gotta be able to keep up :wink:

Oh and I meant dan, not don. I guess that might have been confusing.

wow what a debate LOL. ill leave my response to the entire thread and all the heat in the room with one simple statement. Master00sniper what ever you do decide to do please just be careful. everyone knows your able to make your own decisions and encourage you to do so.

Its just the last thing we want to see is your family or anyones family go through a needless death. However with that being said if you feel your up to any challenge you encounter then just do so with caution and let us know how well the dive went.

i will put a word of caution and its only stated as a beware statement. buoyancy with neoprene changes almost daily. one day 12 pounds in what I will use for a 5 mil shorty the next will be 16 pounds. it does compress with depth so you will get runaway decents and accents faster then without neoprene and it will be more serious the thicker or more neoprene you put on. just be careful and again if you feel that you are up to it and considered all the risk and its still worth it to you then have fun and excersice caution. If you have even a hint of doubt remember the golden rule of diving that EVERY diver even the most experienced live by. If in doubt call the dive.

There are two types of inexperienced divers:

1) Those who acknowledge that they don't know stuff...and exercise caution in their activities in the assumption that they may not be able to deal with problems that can arise.

2) Those who cannot see past the limitations of their current stage of knowledge and development and assume that problems won't arise, other than the ones they are aware of and prepared for.

One of these types frequently become accident statistics. I will allow visitors to this thread to analyse which demographic Master00Sniper belongs in....

I don't clip a whole bunch of stuff on my BC. I have a knife slightly above my ankle, and one that I can mount on the BC (not sure if I want to or not), as well as a light that can mount on the BC (both came with the BC, if they are cheap, i'll probably just throw them away.

While I'm also from california and am definitely a bp/w proponent, I'll stay out of that debate. I'm posting to ask you to please consider the placement of your knife while diving in California waters. Well, any waters really, but definitely ours. How likely are you to be able to reach your ankle if you become significantly entangled in kelp, line, or some other hazard?

While this recommendation happens to line up with the dir configuration, placing the knife more or less centrally on the waist is really the best choice to ensure that it can be easily reached with either hand, maximizing your chances of actually being able to deploy it when you need it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom