Jamaica Diving Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mfmarty45

Reaction score
My fiancé and I are going to Jamaica (Negril) for our honeymoon and we are looking for some good dive locations and information. I am an experienced diver and she is at an intermediate level. Does anyone have any info? Thanks! Mike

Mike, my wife and I have been to Sandals in Negril 2 times, the 1st time for our honeymoon. My wife and I loved the resort both times and we thought that their own dive operation on the property was quite professional and convenient.

I don't know where you're staying in Negril, but if it's at Sandals, just use their own dive operation.

Enjoy your trip.

Michael

We are staying at the Grand Lido in Negril (operated by Super Clubs). They have their own dive operation and we will give it a shot. Thanks again.
Regards,

Mike

Grand Lido has a good dive operation. If you do the "60 ft. dive" you will probably go to Sands Club which is good for cool creatures, or The Arches which has many swim-through overhangs and pretty colors plus a Cessna sunk to start a reef. Bloody bay itself is a good snorkle site & has some diving. You may also do The Throne Room where you drop down a hole and swim out - pretty cool. There are other areas but these are most common.

The diving around Negril is good but not outstanding. My list of creatures includes, nurse sharks, many barracudas, several reef squid, many small skates, good sized southern rays, electric ray, octopus, puffers, burrfish, banded shrimp, arrowline crabs, large crabs, many small and a few big morays, several seasnakes, plenty of turtles, lots of french grunts & creole wrasses, etc. The coral is in good shape most places and some really good colors, most under overhangs. Have fun!

Excellent. We saw pics of the cessna, that looked cool. We've read about the Throne Room and we can't wait. Thanks for giving us the heads up.
Regards,

Mike

I have to recommend the throne room. I did this three times!!! Once on a requested night dive, once because someone else requested it and once because I requested it! I must say it is my favorite dive site, although The Arches was an amazing nite dive, especially because we saw 2 octopus!! Sorry but I am very enthusiastic that someone is diving Jamacia! Well... apart from me!

I beleive GL operates like Hedonism.... there is a 9am dive that is 90ft and an 11am dive that is 60ft. I usually do both -- if the boats aren't full they don't mind but technically you get 1 dive per day. The 60ft dives are great and you get more wet time so if you have to choose one, do the 60. If they aren't full, go for both.

Good to know! The more I hear about this location the better I feel about the choice we made to stay and dive there. I can't wait to go! Thanks again.
Regards,

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom