Jameson Karst Edwards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keep those fingers crossed - it's going well so far! he's up to 2.5cc/hr of milk through his feeding tube, and pooping right along!

they've continued to wean his fentanyl, so he's now on 4mcg/kg/hr. he doesn't seem to be noticing that he's not on as much dope, though he did go through a sweaty period a few days ago which might have been withdrawal type stuff. but he's not irritable or anything.

this might be the week of extubation. he might have to go back on the vent a time or two, that's the way it can go, but i hope to just try! i'm looking forward to seeing him without tape on his itty face, and getting some tape-free pics to post.

so keep up the good thoughts since he's doing so beautifully with them!

Okay, don't anyone move or breathe. Just stay still :wink:

Glad to hear he is progressing again. Tell him no more u-turns. We said so :wink: :D

Who ever thought they would be cheering poo? Well, there is a first time for everything. Come on little guy, you do this.

Weaning the narcotics may help his gut function, too. Good news.

Yellow Angel Fish:
Who ever thought they would be cheering poo?
Just wait'll Kraken hits 65, darlin'... :D :rofl3: :D :rofl3: :D
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Just wait'll Kraken hits 65, darlin'... :D :rofl3: :D :rofl3: :D
Rick

:l: you have just scarred me with that :wink:

Keep the poo coming, Jameson! (There's a sentance I never thought I'd type...)

Hoping for all good things as the intubation comes out...

yesterday, they took the plastic patch off his tummy incision. it's really looking good, much much smaller & making a nice scab.

*and* put him in a big boy bed! he's in a crib! they skipped the isolette bit entirely.

he needs a new picc line (a long iv that goes to the big blood vessels near the heart). his old one is just barely not in far enough, partly because he grew but mainly because when he went through a sweaty bit a few days ago, he sweated through his dressing & it slipped out a bit.

i held him for two hours yesterday. it was wonderful!

Back
Top Bottom