January anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah, you are just around the corner from my house if it's the place I'm thinking of...on 5th or 10th Ave, yes (white with blue trim) between Calle 7 and 9? Great location. You are right next door to a place where a lady cooks local "snacks" in front of her house at lunch and some evenings. Unless you have a vehicle you might want to go with one of the few ops that do an in-town pick up. I use Living Underwater.... Owner/DM is, in fact, formerly from Minnesota. He has given up arguing with me whether the winter weather is worse in Saskatchewan or Minnesota.

Yep, sounds like the place you're thinking of. I LOVE that option for lunch - thanks. I'm not only looking for a dive op that picks up in town or one I can walk to (Tres Pelicanos is close and they taxi from the shop to the Caleta), but I'm also thinking about a later pick up. The earliest I can get breakfast at Mi Casa is 7:15. While I could always grab a pack of granola bars from Mega instead, the home-cooked breakfasts at Mi Casa look great so I'd love to be able to take advantage of that. I have a few emails out, but will look at Living Underwater too. I thought I got the impression from their website that they only pick up south of town? Sending you a PM.

Oh, and I've never been to Saskatchewan and I do think MN winters are brutal, but I would quickly concede that a Saskatchewan winter would be worse!

Here's an updated list. If people didn't specify dive ops, I just put a question mark there. The list is quickly growing.

MMM; 12/15-practically forever; home; Living Underwater
Mstevens; 12/19-1/4; Casa Suzana; Deep Blue
DeltaWardog; 12/20-1/3; ? ; Scuba Tony
Shadling; 12/21-1/3; Sabor; Aldora
Bearkeley; 12/29-1/10; ? ; Aldora
rossandmaureen; 1/2-1/9; Park Royal; Living Underwater
diverokc; 1/9-1/25; Hotel Cozumel and Amigo's Casa; Dive Paradise
Sasha_RI; 1/10-1/24; Occidental Grand; ??
fred3798; 1/10-1/17; Presidente; ??
Budaman & Budababe; 1/10-1/18; Casa Consuela (own place); ??
QueenTriggerfish; 1/12-1/17; Mi Casa en Cozumel, ??
ASA400; 1/17-1/24; (lds trip)
darook; last full week; Scuba Club Cozumel; Scuba Club Cozumel?
cicopo; 1/28-2/11; Hotel Cozumel; assorted dive ops

I'm not only looking for a dive op that picks up in town or one I can walk to (Tres Pelicanos is close and they taxi from the shop to the Caleta), but I'm also thinking about a later pick up. The earliest I can get breakfast at Mi Casa is 7:15. While I could always grab a pack of granola bars from Mega instead, the home-cooked breakfasts at Mi Casa look great so I'd love to be able to take advantage of that.

Most ops go out around 7:30, give or take a half-hour. I don't like to dive on a full stomach so my breakfast is usually yogurt and/or some fresh fruit or a sweet roll. But I hear what you are saying about breakfasts. Before we bought our place, I regularly stayed at a B&B that made awesome breakfasts that I hated to miss. The hostess would usually give me some light version of her breakfast early enough for me to get to the boat and it was a version of yogurt, cereal and fruit. Maybe you could get them to do that for you. An op that built its schedule around her breakfasts was Pelagic Ventures. They do leave much later (around 9 a.m., I think) but don't pick up in town.

Blue XT-Sea for the Mrs. and me.

Jan 17-24, park royal, diving with BlueXTsea

Update:
MMM; 12/15-practically forever; home; Living Underwater
Mstevens; 12/19-1/4; Casa Suzana; Deep Blue
DeltaWardog; 12/20-1/3; ? ; Scuba Tony
Shadling; 12/21-1/3; Sabor; Aldora
Bearkeley; 12/29-1/10; ? ; Aldora
rossandmaureen; 1/2-1/9; Park Royal; Living Underwater
diverokc; 1/9-1/25; Hotel Cozumel and Amigo's Casa; Dive Paradise
Sasha_RI; 1/10-1/24; Occidental Grand; Tres Pelicanos
fred3798 & Mrs. fred3798; 1/10-1/17; Presidente; Blue XTSea
mchiapetto; 1/10-1/18; Hotel Cozumel; Dive Paradise
Budaman & Budababe; 1/10-1/18; Casa Consuela (own place); ??
QueenTriggerfish; 1/12-1/17; Mi Casa en Cozumel, ??
bambino77; 1/17-1/24; Park Royal; Blue XTSea
ASA400 (lds trip); 1/17-1/24; Casa del Mar, ?
darook; last full week; Scuba Club Cozumel; Scuba Club Cozumel?
cicopo; 1/28-2/11; Hotel Cozumel; assorted dive ops

Let me know if I have anything incorrect, and keep 'em coming!

(I must add: My guyfriend nudged me in the middle of the night last night because I was talking in my sleep. The fun part was that I was dreaming of a dive trip and I actually talking about tanks. I repeated myself louder before I realized what was happening. At least I can have dreams of dive trips before January!)

Back
Top Bottom