January Wrinkle's Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ann Marie

be happy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Okay, so the date is set for January 29th.

I know that Christian is working on trying to get us all to decide if a rotating schedule works and how it should rotate.... You Go Christian (and thanks!)!

Question #1
Until we have a schedule set; does anyone have any problems with having the January Wrinkle's Dive in San Diego??

Question #2
In the past some people have mentioned having the picnic and others thought that we should wait for spring, so we need some input on that as well. Do we want to picnic and have a BBQ or should we send out for some food (like pizza) or should we say "Food? I don't need no stinking food!"?

The forum is open for discussion, I just thought that I might start the planning process (I need to plan a little ahead so I can set up a tee time. Hubby golfs/I dive/teenagers left alone = everyone is happy :eyebrow: ).

-------------------------------

I'll even start the think process:

Question 1: San Diego sounds fine to me for January.

Question 2: Food = good Hungry = bad

San Diego: Good.

Food: Good.

By the way, we might consider everyone bringing their own food. That way we don't have to worry about all the planning associated with a big BBQ (who's gonna bring what, etc.). Also, we don't have to worry about someone not showing up and others having to fill in. I think the less adminstrative work that needs to be done with these dives, the better. If people want to bring something, groovy. For example, let's say (hypothetically) if someone named, let's say, Claudette, were to bring a dessert, such as, let's say, Duncan Hines caramel brownies, I'm certain they would all be eaten within a matter of minutes.

I've found that with stuff like this, the less responsibilities you assign to the participants, the less likely people are disappointed, and the happier everyone is. :fruit:

As previously mentioned, the Sandeaters model seems to work well. Schedule a block of dives, and people just show up if they can. We can pick dive sites that would allow BBQ/picnic for anyone who wants it. The only administration needed might be a quick posting before the dive to see if anyone's going to attend. Again, most of us won't be able to make EVERY dive, for a multitude of reasons, only one of which is distance.

It's all good.

mccabejc:
If people want to bring something, groovy. For example, let's say (hypothetically) if someone named, let's say, Claudette, were to bring a dessert, such as, let's say, Duncan Hines caramel brownies, I'm certain they would all be eaten within a matter of minutes.
You got it! The GottaDive ScubaMobile will arrive on the 29th with Brownies Galore!
San Diego sounds great to me, as does any kind of food arrangements. I would vote for a BBQ just because it SMELLS SOOOOOO GOOD when returning from a chilly beach dive...and it means HOT food regardless of individual dive times.
See you then,
Claudette

I've been thinking about this and believe it would be a great idea to start again in San Diego and work our way north again. This would give those that have been our most active participants a chance to have this again in their back yard.

Assuming we decide to have a fixed schedule of rotation, we can make the decision about how far north to take it in a few months. This will give us a chance to see what kind of participation we will have from our group in the north when we get back up to L.A. County and Ventura County in March and April. In other words, if we have good participation from Santa Barbara when we are in L.A. County, then we can plan to go to Santa Barbara. If while we are in Santa Barbara we have good participation from San Luis Obispo, then we can plan to go to San Luis Obispo. Just thinking out loud again here, not making decisions for anyone. That can be decided later.

So, YES on starting again in San Diego in January...

...and YES on doing another BBQ.

Christian

I think it would be great if you guys did this in San Diego. My first Wrinkle's Dive was October 2004 at La Jolla Shores and I had a great time meeting everyone and diving a bunch! And I think having food would be great to keep our tummies full and bodies ready for more diving :)

Although I'm limited in terms of time, let me know if I can help out in some way.

Paul

Sounds great, can we get some stippers this time too????

ooohhhh....I so hope my stinking certification is here by then. Its been over the two weeks like my teacher promised :(

ShakaZulu:
Sounds great, can we get some stippers this time too????
You're asking for strippers...again??? And you didn't post any pictures from the first time???
I'm assuming it was equal gender-opportunity eye-candy....hmmmm? I just love a man in a bow tie and a........bow tie.

Now Ya know if its in my backyard, I am sure to be there. I can bring my own food. An MRE and some bug juice is all I need......

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom