Japan Dive show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bs63366

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have any information on when and where the dive show is going to be that is down in the Tokyo area. Thank you for your help.

Kyle

Awesome, thanks. Who all is going to be going?

Heck, we're diving now...

Kyle, to explain about the differences between the two shows, the Diving Festival is geared more toward dive shops, including instructors, buyers, etc. since they have many seminars such as the PADI updates, etc. There are also seminars that the public can attend.

The Marine Diving Fair is more consumer oriented with many dive schools and equipment shops present. My favorite part of that show is the photo exhibit where they show the winners of the Marine Diving magazine contest.

See you there!

Yeah, I just went to Izu on the 18th of January and the vis was great, not to cold either. Mpst were in a 7mm and we had 2 dive dry, but no complaints on the temperature. I think I might be at both, but thanks for the great information on the differences. We should get a thread going just on who will be at each, so we can meet and greet. Could be a good time to make some new dive buddies.

We were in Atami on January 17, Sunday!

For the Diving Festival, I will probably be there on Friday Feb. 12th which is the trade only day.

For the public, there are seminars on Sunday at 1 pm for Barrier Free Scuba Diving and at 3 pm, there is one for Diving Equipment Safety Administration (that is Japanese directly translated, it means maintenance). Of course, all of these are in Japanese.

Another event which requires no knowledge of the language will be the Miss Diver Contest, in which the 5 finalists will appear on stage in their swimwear to compete for the crown.

Thanks,

I will be there Saturday or Sunday, not sure which just need to see whats going on then.

I'll go to the Diving Festival around the afternoon of the 13th. Drop me a line if you're also gonna be around :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom