Japan is pumping nuclear waste water into the ocean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all for joining the conversation. Godzilla wasn't anywhere near the articles I read before but now I can't unsee it and likely alongside Terminator :rofl3:

Basically, we're not going to die, certainly not right away. And there has been concerns that 'filtration system has not yet been shown to be effective all of the time', and 'Fish caught near Fukushima are 14 times too radioactive back' in Feb (Fish caught near Fukushima are 14 times too radioactive)

what could possible go wrong... :acclaim:

When I was watching the news from Fukushima, I knew they lied that they were "cooling" the reactor with water. They were washing it!

And there has been concerns that 'filtration system has not yet been shown to be effective all of the time', and 'Fish caught near Fukushima are 14 times too radioactive back' in Feb (Fish caught near Fukushima are 14 times too radioactive)
That was over a year ago. What makes the current plan different is this bit from the article:

"The decision was made days before the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is due to supervise the controversial discharge of water from the Fukushima nuclear power plant."

There was ample reason to distrust Tepco when they were running the show themselves under the supposed supervision of Japan's Nuclear Regulation Authority. But now that the IAEA is actively involved, we can reasonably expect any releases will fall within acceptable parameters or they will be halted until the problems are fixed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom