Jew Fish Shooting on Thunderbolt Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can't shoot Goliath Grouper here in the Keys. If you don't know the rules don't go spearfishing.....

I try to dive the T-bolt a couple of times a month. This really sucks.

Your profile say's your a dive shop owner. What dive shop do you own?

I work at Key Dives at MM 80.

Please dont get my last post wrong,im not warrenting the shooting of Jew Fish, and I know the regulations better than most, but if your an idiot, and are gonna break the rules, why not benefit from it and try to eat it. These guys were complete a##holes.

Please dont get my last post wrong,im not warrenting the shooting of Jew Fish, and I know the regulations better than most, but if your an idiot, and are gonna break the rules, why not benefit from it and try to eat it. These guys were complete a##holes.

[WIKI]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goliath_grouper[/WIKI]
"The goliath grouper is totally protected from harvest and is recognized as a critically endangered species by the World Conservation Union (IUCN).[1] The U.S. began protection in 1990 and the Caribbean in 1993. The species' population has been recovering since the ban, however with the fish's slow growth rate it will take some time for populations to return to their previous levels."

Goliath's are federally protected... no one can claim ignorance or plausible mistaken identity for shooting one. They are a criminal; treat them as such...

I do not blame you for not pursuing maniac's with spearguns.

It is unfortunate it all unfolded as it did with the GF, Deco. Like you said like being caught by terroist and tied to a chair while they rape your daughter in front of you.

I hear about these things but have never actually seen it. It is only a matter of time although as a preventive measure (and pride of my own profession) I usually enter my Deputyship into conversation on the way out. I also consider it early warning for anyone shooting Jewfish, riding turtles, bringing up obvious shorts or other illegal shennigans. I'd be more than happy to drive two hours on my day off to go to court on that one.

bringing up obvious shorts? what is this?

Probably referring to undersized lobster. Bringing up undersized fish really pisses me off too. I hunt but as I tell everyone, if you have to ask yourself if it's legal, it isn't. When in doubt, don't pull the trigger.

I wish I had the pic of the small Jew fish we saw there on July 4th...it is in my friends flicker acct. Sad...

There was also a HUGE one down there...wish he would have picked that guy up to teach him a lesson.

My post was for Sandmanz32, You being a person who lives here and a owner of a dive shop would know the rules:D
I guess maybe in other parts of the world they allow this.
Becky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom