Question JJ CCR ADV Banjo Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rayk

Contributor
Reaction score
My in-line shut off valve was stuck and i wanted to fix it. I have removed ADV banjo from T piece and managed to fix shut off valve. However, when I try to assemble back again, o ring slips out because that spring goes in together doesn’t go down and pushes the o ring out.

B23BEA21-78BB-4C03-9A89-D9A1C73BC037.jpeg

I believe during reassembly I over tighten banjo into the T piece and (I think) I damaged threads and/or spring goes into T piece.

FAADED2F-990D-45A1-BF0B-22D83CE8F7A4.jpeg

8A0BC3BC-D49E-4323-B86D-14BC4C92F688.jpeg

D666194E-F75F-4ABC-B842-6600F53C3E97.jpeg

What would be the best course of action, replacing ADV completely or is there any other solution?

That isn't a spring. That is the thread insert from the adv.
Best course of action would be to replace it.
It could probably be machined and a new thread insert fitted, but your question makes me think that might be something you shouldn't tackle.

You have stripped the helicoil that creates the threads for the banjo. While helicoil repairs are possible, if you weren't aware you had one, that's not the sort of thing I would recommend you attempt.
You can return the item for repair, but safest is to get a new T-piece.

Ah! I see that @Tracy beat me to it! :callme:

Here's what you'd use to re- thread the oversized hole after the stripping...
Screenshot_20230404-093630_Chrome.jpg

Thank you both, I just became aware of the helicoil.

I think I will contact with Jan and ask what can be done. I prefer to have it fixed however worse case scenario gonna replace entire T Piece.

I guess you'd expect JJ to say that, from a liability standpoint anyway. You might try taking the piece to a mechanic that does helicoils. Putting in an oversized helicoil that will accept the thread of your banjo is actually not that huge a deal.

I guess you'd expect JJ to say that, from a liability standpoint anyway. You might try taking the piece to a mechanic that does helicoils. Putting in an oversized helicoil that will accept the thread of your banjo is actually not that huge a deal.
Hence I have a new ADV, maybe I can try the old one machined with new threads and oversized helicoil, not sure about it.

Now I all want is bring my JJ back to the game.

Back
Top Bottom