JJ-CCR tank valve position

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FYI the DS4 has a couple different versions. I picked one up as a spare for the rEvo and found the ports didn't match. There is a DS4 rEvo version that has slightly different port arrangement.

Three downward facing outlets is perfect for the bailout regulator on a 1m/3'3" hose; a normal BCD hose for offboard gas/drysuit/buoyancy/wing/SMB plumbing; and a QC6 bailout connector. Can't use a DS4 as one of the hoses will point upwards.
or you ditch the BCD whip and just carry a cheater that you can use to turn QC6 male into BC female

or you ditch the BCD whip and just carry a cheater that you can use to turn QC6 male into BC female
Oooh, interesting. Didn't know they existed.

But (there's always one of those!)...

The reason for using the QC6 is the flow volume for the Bailout Valve (BOV). Also it seals on both sides so is disconnectable in the water. It's said that (which is why I paid the $200 for the QC6 male & female) the BCD connection won't provide the flow for the BOV if deep and need lots of gas (CO2 hit).

Oooh, interesting. Didn't know they existed.

But (there's always one of those!)...

The reason for using the QC6 is the flow volume for the Bailout Valve (BOV). Also it seals on both sides so is disconnectable in the water. It's said that (which is why I paid the $200 for the QC6 male & female) the BCD connection won't provide the flow for the BOV if deep and need lots of gas (CO2 hit).
Yes, a QC6 is a DSSO. A cheater is a piece to connect the QC6 male whip on your bailout into an emergency inflation source. One fewer hose on all bailouts, though you’ll have to make your own. The QC6 male on your bottle and QC6 female on your unit remain the same.

Yes, a QC6 is a DSSO. A cheater is a piece to connect the QC6 male whip on your bailout into an emergency inflation source. One fewer hose on all bailouts, though you’ll have to make your own. The QC6 male on your bottle and QC6 female on your unit remain the same.
Klang.... got it! It's QC6 --> BCD and not BCD to QC6!

d'Oh

Other than how they're supplied with the RB, there is nothing mandating a particular first stage with your CCR, other than avoiding overbalancing with the JJ solenoid. It likes low IP.
I dumped my Apeks DS4's after all the discussion about seat and diaphragm failure and added two Poseidon XStreams. Best damned diaphragm 1st in existence, IMO. And certainly reliable deep in a wreck. Was worth the extra $$, and now I have two DS4's for backup. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom