Joining webbing together (buckle or something else?!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

llyamah

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am going to replace the webbing on my harness and have thought of a good use for my old webbing - to secure my dog into our car.

The plan is to loop a piece of the webbing together so that I can wrap it around a car seat. I'll attach a d-ring to it, which I will clip my dog to.

So, simple question... what's the best way to join the two pieces of webbing together. I thought about a buckle, but seems a bit big an bulky. It obviously needs to be something fairly secure so that it doesn't come undone in the event of a crash.

Thank you.

$1.25 for a serrated belt slide

I'll attach a d-ring to it, which I will clip my dog to.

clip the d'ring to its ears or what?

clip the d'ring to its ears or what?
Ha, no. Hard to explain but let me try:

1. A looped piece of webbing going around the car seat.
2. A D-ring placed on the webbing )
3. A metal snap hook attached to the D-ring (I already have this from his current car seat
4. Secure my dog by attaching his harness and the D-ring together using the metal snap hook.

It's point 1 I need help with.

$1.25 for a serrated belt slide
Thanks so much. Sorry to be thick here, so I would just use one of these and pass each side of the webbing through both slots of the belt slide, crossing them over?

You would pass both sides of the webbing through the slides.

I think a buckle wouldn't be too bulky, and would allow you to easily tighten or remove as needed.

Thanks so much. Sorry to be thick here, so I would just use one of these and pass each side of the webbing through both slots of the belt slide, crossing them over?
Yes.
Do not forget the D-ring as well.

1645932092868.png

Back
Top Bottom