July 19-20 CSSP Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I was out at CSSP today ( July 20) for a few hours this morning. Vis was good, maybe 15- 20 feet, not totally clear but you could see. Water was warm, warm enough I had to go deep a few times to get some cooler water. I hung around the plane mostly trying my new SS N37 scooter. I loved it. There were lots of rescue students today on the rescue dock, I think at least 25. Really nice day today at "the pond". Was anyone else out there? I had a guy come by and ask if anyone in our group wanted to dive , he needed a buddy. I was sitting out the last dive and my husband and friend were scootering, and everyone near us was in a class. I showed him my DIMWIT shirt and told him to look for this shirt and some Texas Swamp Divers. He laughed and mumbled "texas swamp divers" under his breath. Not sure if we already had a reputation or he just laugehd at the name. He wondered off looking for other buddies. I saw him later diving with a couple, I did not recongnize them as swampers...or were they??? Anyone???

Scubatoys had both an OW and Rescue class going, at two different locations. I agree on the vis, not bad for this time of year. I was in a 3 mil, and flushed some water through it a couple of times to cool down. Thermocline seems to have dropped down to closer to 30'. Nice day for diving.

I was out there Sunday, doing some navigation exercises. Very warm on top of the water, thermocline at about 30 feet now. Went to the casket so had my 3mm wetsuit on--got too warm above the thermocline so had to dip down to get cooler. Debraw--where do you guys usually gear up? I saw some scooter action around the Grapevine Scuba dock, where I did my first dive. Second dive was off of Adventure Scuba dock. Can't say I noticed any swampers. I was focused on getting in the water to cool off :)

While exploring the plane and surrounding area, there was this something wearing scuba gear by the rocks. I got closer and it was a PVC frame of a person in scuba gear. Kind of freaked me out at first then realized it must have been for a class :)

The new boat was fun to dive around. It's bigger than the other one, so there's more room to do a swim through.

Good day to be at the pond--too hot for anything else. Oh, and made a peach run to the orchard down the road :)

Cruiser- Where is the Grapevine Scuba dock? I did not know they had one. We went off the blue dock and plane area. I took a picture of that PVC rescue "student" while I was on the blue dock. I thought it was really cool. I also took a picture of the scooters we were using, and a couple of the pond.

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 33
Fooman2 and I were there with Foo3 all weekend. The water was great! I'm sorry I missed y'all! We were camping over where the circle of knowledge was a few weeks ago. :wink: We did run into TexDiveGuy while we were out there. We were at the ladder and Foo3 said, "Hey, there's a DIMWIT t-shirt." I turned around and saw him standing there on the shore. It was nice to chat for a min. We also went and checked out the new boat. It's nice and clean and a big boat. All in all we had a great time!

Cruiser- Where is the Grapevine Scuba dock? I did not know they had one. We went off the blue dock and plane area. I took a picture of that PVC rescue "student" while I was on the blue dock. I thought it was really cool. I also took a picture of the scooters we were using, and a couple of the pond.

Debraw--The Grapevine Scuba dock is the one close to the double platforms. I heard it called that years ago and it just stuck.

That's a serious scooter. I could be spoiled for life after using one of those :)

Did anyone notice the freshwater shrimp everywhere? They're no bigger than specks and they twitch around suspended in the water column. Reminds me of "sea monkeys". Artemia, I think they're called.

Ahhh ok. I was thinking wow, all the dives shops are buying their own docks out there. I love, love, love my new scoot!

Ahhh ok. I was thinking wow, all the dives shops are buying their own docks out there. I love, love, love my new scoot!

How long can your scooter run on a bettery charge? Am thinking of renting one to try it out :)

200 minutes. I have the extended battery pack. Sea Doo scooters I think have about 60 minute charge. I would think that most shops will rent the cheaper smaller scooters like the Sea Doo ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom