july 4th recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goonsquad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Thinking about diving either Bear Lake or Sand Hollow over the 4th of July holiday. Anyone have a better suggestion?
Will Bear Lake still be too cold to dive in a shorty?

I'm up for traveling a bit farther if its worth the drive, but both lakes have a scuba park and nice camping area's.

Was also playing with the possibility of diving in Yellowstone just for the hell of it, not sure if there is really anything worth diving there though.

All suggestions are welcome...

Bear Lake on July 4th may be tolerable on the surface in a shorty but at around 20-30' the thermocline will get your attention. I've been there in mid to late August with a long sleeved shorty. I would opt for Sand Hollow if your limiting it to shorty conditions.

Jackson was OK to dive but gaaawd I bet it's cold in July. If I recall (it was several years ago) it was September or October before I venture into the water there. I'm not sure when spring run off occurs but I would guess the ice is barely off. I would go and just take in the mountains and wildlife.

Back
Top Bottom