July roll call!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, LeeAnne, we put together a meet-up or two. Wet Wendy's, just off the square, is often one of them and sometimes a restaurant besides.
Seems like we mentioned one earlier in the thread... Oh yeah! We mentioned La Choza, though we didn't specify any details.
You can probably find details on about anywhere with a search on SB or the web...
Feel free to pick a day, a location, and start a meet-up plan!

Yeah, LeeAnne, we put together a meet-up or two. Wet Wendy's, just off the square, is often one of them and sometimes a restaurant besides.
Seems like we mentioned one earlier in the thread... Oh yeah! We mentioned La Choza, though we didn't specify any details.
You can probably find details on about anywhere with a search on SB or the web...
Feel free to pick a day, a location, and start a meet-up plan!

Well having never been there, I'll defer to you experts as to the best place to meet. And given that you said "yumyumyum" in reference to La Choza (post #21), that sounds pretty darn promising to me! :D

If we meet up on July 3 (Sunday) we'll have a nice crowd of us early-monthers:

Jun 21- Jul 20- Pelagicsal
Jun 29 - Jul 14 - BTravlin & wife
Jun 30 - Jul 17 - ScubaBird and his wife
July 1 - 8 - Brules
July 1-10 - Leejnd (aka LeeAnne) with Mom
July 1– 11 -zzzScuba
July 2- 10 - SailNaked
July 3-10 – Pharmguy

So who's up for dinner at La Choza on the 5th? Say...7pm?

I figure it's best not to plan something on the 4th. I saw something in a thread in this forum about parties on the 4th - what exactly goes on in Cozumel on July 4? Are there parties? Fireworks? I figure a large chunk of the tourists are Americans, so there's probably something going on. My husband and I were on Caye Caulker in Belize for July 4th a couple years ago, and it was a lot of fun - the bars were packed with people wearing stars-&-stripes top hats. :)

So that's for the early folks...howszabout the middle-of-the-month folks? If we meet on July 9, we'll have an even bigger crowd:

Jun 21- Jul 20- Pelagicsal
Jun 29 - Jul 14 - BTravlin & wife
Jun 30 - Jul 17 - ScubaBird and his wife
July 1-10 - Leejnd (aka LeeAnne & Mom)
July 1– 11 -zzzScuba
July 2- 10 - SailNaked
July 3-10 – Pharmguy
July 7– 10- DallasNewbie
July 8 –16- scottstewart
July 9-16 – DiverG
July 9-16 - Rescue Diver68

I'd be up for either night, or both! (Remember, I'm traveling with my mother...we will not be planning any romantic sunset dinners on the beach. :wink:)

Heather & I can probably make one, maybe both. Maybe one each at La Choza & Wet Wendy's? We'll stay tuned for details.

Last edited:
Heather & I can proably make one, maybe both. Maybe one each at La Choza & Wet Wendy's? We'll stay tuned for details.

Well that sounds like the beginnings of a plan! :D La Choza on the 3rd, and Wet Wendy's on the 9th. I'm in for both.

Heather & I can proably make one, maybe both. Maybe one each at La Choza & Wet Wendy's? We'll stay tuned for details.

Great minds think alike!

And we simul-posted LeeAnne!
Tell Aldora Dave hello from Sallye from Atlanta. Maybe he'll catch on! Only been doing LOTS of business with him for 6 years... hee hee hee

Last edited:
Ill have my wife, 6 & 11 year old and 3 friends eith us, don't know how sociable I will get to be. :) Firm those dates up and I will see what I can manage! :)

My wife (who will be getting her 4 OW certification dives in) and I will be at the Aura the 2nd-9th and diving with Diving with Martin. Can't wait.

Updating the list - I've settled on Aldora for my dive op, so I added that...and added samcraig to the list.

Jun 21- Jul 20- Pelagicsal, Villa Aldora, Aldora Divers and probably some other random dives, too
Jun 29 - Jul 14 - BTravlin & wife, Casa Abejas , Blue XTSea
Jun 30 - Jul 17 - ScubaBird and his wife - Villa Aldora, Aldora
July 1 - 8 - Brules - Park Royal, ????
July 1-10 - Leejnd (aka LeeAnne, + non-diving Mom) - Cozumel Palace, Aldora
July 1-11; 11 -zzzScuba - Regency Villas , Sand Dollar
July 2-9 - samcraig & wife - Aura; Dive with Martin
July 2- 10 - SailNaked (5 Total) – Wyndham, Dive with Martin
July 3-10 – Pharmguy –Villa Blanca , ?????
July 7– 10- DallasNewbie –Blue Angel, Blue Angel
July 8 –16- scottstewart –Blue Angel , Blue Angel
July 9-16 – DiverG - 99% sure - ????, Scuba Mau
July 9-16 - Rescue Diver68 - Fiesta Americana, Scuba Mau
July 11-19- Jwilson05 with Mrs. W, Suites Bahia, Scuba Mau
July 15-22- Staffybull -hotel Coz, Scuba Mau
July 16-21- Okiraku_diver - ?????? , Aqua Safari
July 17-27- Superglyde (for my birthday) with a wife and 2 college kids Villa Blanca , Scuba Mau
July 21-24- Guy and Maribi Harrison: Villa Aldora, Aldora and (14-20 Cancun Le Meridian and diving with Scorpio 2-3 days (still booking those trips), ALSO looking for people to share a "VIP" whale shark boat with us any day from the 15th through the 20th.
July 23-30 - Acumen and significant other - Blue Angel, Blue Angel
July 24-Aug 1- CVChief, Susanita and 2 nephews, Las Ventanas B404, Scuba with Alison
July 26-Aug 3- Basscat - Suites Bahia, 5 days Blue XTSea
July 26-Aug 2- kuma1720 ????, Scuba Mau

Meet-N-Greets: July 3 - La Choza; July 9 - Wet Wendy's; both at 7pm

Jun 21- Jul 20- Pelagicsal, Villa Aldora, Aldora Divers and probably some other random dives, too
Jun 29 - Jul 14 - BTravlin & wife, Casa Abejas , Blue XTSea
Jun 30 - Jul 17 - ScubaBird and his wife - Villa Aldora, Aldora
July 1 - 8 - Brules - Park Royal, Scuba Shack/Blue Bubble
July 1-10 - Leejnd (aka LeeAnne, + non-diving Mom) - Cozumel Palace, Aldora
July 1-11; 11 -zzzScuba - Regency Villas , Sand Dollar
July 2-9 - samcraig & wife - Aura; Dive with Martin
July 2- 10 - SailNaked (5 Total) – Wyndham, Dive with Martin
July 3-10 – Pharmguy –Villa Blanca , ?????
July 7– 10- DallasNewbie –Blue Angel, Blue Angel
July 8 –16- scottstewart –Blue Angel , Blue Angel
July 9-16 – DiverG - 99% sure - ????, Scuba Mau
July 9-16 - Rescue Diver68 - Fiesta Americana, Scuba Mau
July 11-19- Jwilson05 with Mrs. W, Suites Bahia, Scuba Mau
July 15-22- Staffybull -hotel Coz, Scuba Mau
July 16-21- Okiraku_diver - ?????? , Aqua Safari
July 17-27- Superglyde (for my birthday) with a wife and 2 college kids Villa Blanca , Scuba Mau
July 21-24- Guy and Maribi Harrison: Villa Aldora, Aldora and (14-20 Cancun Le Meridian and diving with Scorpio 2-3 days (still booking those trips), ALSO looking for people to share a "VIP" whale shark boat with us any day from the 15th through the 20th.
July 23-30 - Acumen and significant other - Blue Angel, Blue Angel
July 24-Aug 1- CVChief, Susanita and 2 nephews, Las Ventanas B404, Scuba with Alison
July 26-Aug 3- Basscat - Suites Bahia, 5 days Blue XTSea
July 26-Aug 2- kuma1720 ????, Scuba Mau

Meet-N-Greets: July 3 - La Choza; July 9 - Wet Wendy's; both at 7pm

I have decided on a dive op finally - added to my listing.

As to the meet n greets, how will people recognize each other?

As to the meet n greets, how will people recognize each other?

Good question! What's been done in the past? Hmm...I'm thinking...I could print out a dive flag and tape it to a table...?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom