JUly26th OFWF Brockville Scuba Party & Guest List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man we need to rent a hall by the sounds of it. This is great that so many are coming. Should be a blast. :)

jrtonkin once bubbled...
I should be showing up as well.

Jamie

Have added you to the list.

When I re-confirmed the numbers for our reservation at Buds on the Bay today they were quite impressed to see that we will have about 40 divers for dinner. They have placed us under the shelter that runs the full lenght of the patio.

Should be a good party! :D

Looking back through the threads, I only see directions to Buds. Are we all meeting at the Connie in the morning? Or joining up somewhere else first? I was looking through Kohls book on the weekend and didn't see drving directions.

I also saw a Brockville Wall dive mentioned. Can it be done from shore?

Getting to the Connestoga...
For a leisurely drive from Brockville, you can head east on Hwy 2 until you reach Cardinal, or being more efficient, take the 401 and get off the exit for county road 22. (In either case you pass Prescott ... but if you hit Cornwall you've gone waaaay too far) Timing is about 30-45 minutes depending on which route, and speed you’re going.

For the former (hwy 2) at the first major intersection turn right and head to the Canadian Legion. For the latter (401) just go straight and you should reach the same intersection.

At the Legion's parking lot, follow the road past the Legion out onto the dirt road on the causeway approximately 1 km. You will see the engine protruding from the water (left side in the St Lawrence River).

Just a heads up, although there is parking, it is limited, and the road/causeway very narrow (unless you're lucky if you drive in, you'll be backing all the way out).

From the Connestoga to the Rothsay....
Head back along hwy 2, go through Prescott (stopping for a bite to eat if you are hungry) A short distance (1.75 Km) west of Prescott, on the left side, there is a Historic Marker along the commemorating Justus Sherwood and a very and small parking area that can accommodate about a dozen cars. New this year is a port-a-potty and a "change" area. (if you pass the Dewar's Inn you've gone to far)

If these directions are not clear, or you want to do the "convoy" thing. Let Taz or I know.

Last week county road 22 (Shanly Road) had a detour on it due to consturction. Hopefully they will be done before the 26th. It is well signed and Cardinal is not that big.

Bubble Boy once bubbled...
Last week county road 22 (Shanly Road) had a detour on it due to consturction. Hopefully they will be done before the 26th. It is well signed and Cardinal is not that big.

I hope that you will be able to join us. Always nice to place a name to a face!

:D

snuggle once bubbled...
evening folks can anyone give me directions from windsor...thanks..

Get on the 401, Eastbound and keep going. If you enter Quebec you've gone just a bit too far. :D We're travelling from Kitchener, probably about 2.5 to 3 hours along you're trip. I hope we can be away from here early to mid-afternoon Friday. I prefer setting up camp (tent) before dark. We could try and hook up as you pass if you'd like. PM me if you're interested.
We'll probably take the 407 (and pay the toll) as it gets you to the far side of TO quite a bit faster during rush hours.

For those diving at this event, the organizers have a release form that needs to be completed for our first formal organized event. For those already on the list, you'll be receiving a PM shortly on what is required. For those not on the list drop a PM to get your name added and get the instructions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom