Jupiter Dive Center, 3 tanker, tomorrow January 25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @Entropyman

Very good dives. The Lemon Sharks appear to be coming in. Our 1st dive at Lemon Drop had 5-7 Lemons with us for most of the dive. Our 2nd dive at Scarface included a couple of Nurse Sharks, a small Reef Shark, a couple of big Loggerheads, a couple of Green Moray, and the usual reef fish, no Lemons.

The seas started off at the 2-3 that was predicted, built to 3-5 with occasionally bigger. The air temperature was quite cool, never got out of the low 60s. It was quite windy. The water temperature was also quite cool, I caught a couple temps in the high 60s, was generally low 70s, 70-72. Visibility was pretty good, 50-60 feet, occasionally lower on the reef.

I wish you the best for the weekend. Wear appropriate exposure protection, I wore my full 7mm, a 5/3 hooded vest, 3mm gloves and booties. I may have been the only diver that did not get quite cold underwater. Of course, I'm 65 years old now and tolerate getting cold less and less as I age. Take your boat coat or something else to stay warm at the SI, the cold air and the wind were brutal. The hot chocolate was very welcome between dives, thanks David.

Good diving to all, Craig

Hi @Entropyman

Very good dives. The Lemon Sharks appear to be coming in. Our 1st dive at Lemon Drop had 5-7 Lemons with us for most of the dive. Our 2nd dive at Scarface included a couple of Nurse Sharks, a small Reef Shark, a couple of big Loggerheads, a couple of Green Moray, and the usual reef fish, no Lemons.

The seas started off at the 2-3 that was predicted, built to 3-5 with occasionally bigger. The air temperature was quite cool, never got out of the low 60s. It was quite windy. The water temperature was also quite cool, I caught a couple temps in the high 60s, was generally low 70s, 70-72. Visibility was pretty good, 50-60 feet, occasionally lower on the reef.

I wish you the best for the weekend. Wear appropriate exposure protection, I wore my full 7mm, a 5/3 hooded vest, 3mm gloves and booties. I may have been the only diver that did not get quite cold underwater. Of course, I'm 65 years old now and tolerate getting cold less and less as I age. Take your boat coat or something else to stay warm at the SI, the cold air and the wind were brutal. The hot chocolate was very welcome between dives, thanks David.

Good diving to all, Craig

Interesting notes on the water temp; I saw some Paralenz footage from a Scuba Works dive Friday that recorded 76 F and in the past few weeks have seen about those temps where I've been (shallow and within a mile of the beach) and from a couple folks who have been offshore. The cooler water is more normal for this kind of year, so as comfy as it was I'm hoping the spa temps were a brief fluke.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom