Jupiter Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saw reports from two of the shark charters claiming clear viz, but I think they were farther out (maybe ~5 miles). Nearshore drone operators in Palm Beach were reporting murk.

....claiming clear viz, ...
That's why we love accurate SB member reports like @CosbySweater & @Catito plus others here.
I'm trying for a mid week dive, but waiting to see the corrected Monday wave model forecast blocks (many are still corrupted from Nicole)

Still messing things up. She was such a bi*ch!
NOAA forecasters visited the Blue Wild dive show many years ago and told us that their GFS wave models are inaccurate during a hurricane and they had no intention of trying to 'account' for a hurricane. Their comments were "boats shouldn't go out in or around a hurricane so you don't need the info'.

Wave models are forecasted in "blocks' of the map. You can clearly see when the wave models are broken. In this image, we never get 2 foot waves(dive-able) right next to 6 foot waves (not-diveable). So this forecast run has broken 'blocks'. With a fresh cup of coffee & back at the Noaa office monday morning, us divers hope they will tweek the bad 'blocks' , re-run the model and then publish it.

Thr_Nov17.jpg

Anyone go out today? I’m going to bag my planned dives at BHB given the terrible conditions reported this weekend, so I’m going to need to book charters. Looking for any viz updates from Jupiter down to Pompano. I’ve never dove any of the operators out there, so I’m up for suggestions and

Anyone go out today? I’m going to bag my planned dives at BHB given the terrible conditions reported this weekend, so I’m going to need to book charters. Looking for any viz updates from Jupiter down to Pompano. I’ve never dove any of the operators out there, so I’m up for suggestions and
Jupiter had 40' of viz and 80 degree water on Monday. Heard that from Jupiter captain and dive guide that was in the water Monday. Saw an instagram post for WPB that said 15 feet of viz. Not sure where that was. WPB is a big area and includes both deep and shallow sites. As johndiver said, I also heard that the viz is better deep in WPB. Will keep an eye out for WPB reports today.

Below are some suggested operators:
  • Jupiter: Jupiter Dive Center, Scuba Works, Jupiter Scuba Diving (aka Kyalami)
  • WPB: Pura Vida Divers, Narcosis, Walkers
  • Boynton: Starfish Scuba
  • Pompano: Dixie Divers

Below are some suggested operators:
  • Jupiter: Jupiter Dive Center, Scuba Works, Jupiter Scuba Diving (aka Kyalami)
  • WPB: Pura Vida Divers, Narcosis, Walkers
  • Boynton: Starfish Scuba
  • Pompano: Dixie Divers
I only dive in Boynton Beach, Jupiter, and West Palm. The above covers nearly all my usual operators. Loggerhead is a fine backup to Starfish in Boynton Beach.

I have not dived the SFDH boat, Scubatyme III, out of Boynton yet and have heard some good reports. They go out to the Castor pretty frequently. A good friend and excellent Capt., Alex B, is a fill in driver on the SFDH boat and often drives Starfish on Mondays. Nobody knows the Boynton Beach reef like Alex does.

I only dive in Boynton Beach, Jupiter, and West Palm. The above covers nearly all my usual operators. Loggerhead is a fine backup to Starfish in Boynton Beach.

I have not dived the SFDH boat, Scubatyme III, out of Boynton yet and have heard some good reports. They go out to the Castor pretty frequently. A good friend and excellent Capt., Alex B, is a fill in driver on the SFDH boat and often drives Starfish on Mondays. Nobody knows the Boynton Beach reef like Alex does.

Alex is a Boynton Beach legend. If you ever have a chance to go out with him, consider yourself lucky.

Coming back in from two dives with Jupiter Dive Center right now. We did Area 51 and the Bluffs. Viz was 25 feet at best on the bottom and much worse in the water column for safety stops. Temps were low 80s though, and very little current, so at least there was that.

Jupiter had 40' of viz and 80 degree water on Monday. Heard that from Jupiter captain and dive guide that was in the water Monday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom