Jupiter Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coming back in from two dives with Jupiter Dive Center right now. We did Area 51 and the Bluffs. Viz was 25 feet at best on the bottom and much worse in the water column for safety stops. Temps were low 80s though, and very little current, so at least there was that.

Bummer. The viz here is notoriously hard to predict. Especially after a big storm. Are you diving Thursday?

Bummer. The viz here is notoriously hard to predict. Especially after a big storm. Are you diving Thursday?
Late to the party, but no. I went by Pura Vida and they said viz the bridge was arm’s-length, so I decided to just head back home and save the money on a hotel room.

Not that I fared better here, my charter out of Clearwater was scrubbed due to just as bad conditions. Oh well.

I'm diving this weekend. Saturday is looking doable. I'm diving with Pura Vida in Palm Beach. Sunday I'm diving with Kyalami but the conditions are looking highly dicey. It is going to depend upon just when the winds pick up Sunday. They may get the trip in just ahead of conditions becoming undivable, or not. We shall see. I'm coming over regardless! There is plenty to do on Sunday if I get blown out before heading back to SWFL.

I'm diving this weekend. Saturday is looking doable. I'm diving with Pura Vida in Palm Beach. Sunday I'm diving with Kyalami but the conditions are looking highly dicey. It is going to depend upon just when the winds pick up Sunday. They may get the trip in just ahead of conditions becoming undivable, or not. We shall see. I'm coming over regardless! There is plenty to do on Sunday if I get blown out before heading back to SWFL.
Saturday does look good. I'm diving in Boynton again Saturday morning. I keep seeing good viz and lobster reports from down there. Then in the afternoon I'm starting the drive up to VA to visit my family. Going to be dry for at least a week.

70+ feet of viz in Boynton today. 80 degrees and a trickle North current. Still enough bugs around for a limit. Some of the best conditions I’ve dove in as of late. 2-3 foot seas this morning but it felt like they were building. No afternoon trip for Starfish. Not sure if anyone else went out.

I’m really starting to like diving in Boynton a lot…..

2-3 foot seas this morning but it felt like they were building.
Thank you for the conditions report. I talked to a Jupiter spearo. When they went out it was 5mph winds. When they came up from their 1st tank at 10am it was gusting to 25mph and they said forget it and came back in. Like you, they said all these strong east winds pushed in the blue water and it was sweet viz! Have a safe drive north!

We had 2-3’ viz on Bath & Tennis (aborted dive for another site), 10-30 on Dove-o-Rama & 10-20 on 4th window. Winds picked up for the afternoon and seas were building fast. Tomorrow’s Jupiter charter with Kyalami has been canceled.

I also dove Blue Heron Bridge this afternoon, and had 2 to 3 foot viz the entire time. 75 minutes was all I could muster.

We had 2-3’ viz on Bath & Tennis (aborted dive for another site), 10-30 on Dove-o-Rama & 10-20 on 4th window. Winds picked up for the afternoon and seas were building fast. Tomorrow’s Jupiter charter with Kyalami has been canceled.

I also dove Blue Heron Bridge this afternoon, and had 2 to 3 foot viz the entire time. 75 minutes was all I could muster.

That’s rough. Sorry conditions didn’t work out for you. Strange how it was good in Boynton but not B&T. B&T is pretty far south of the inlet. What was the current doing? Maybe it ran south at some point overnight?

Thank you for the conditions report. I talked to a Jupiter spearo. When they went out it was 5mph winds. When they came up from their 1st tank at 10am it was gusting to 25mph and they said forget it and came back in. Like you, they said all these strong east winds pushed in the blue water and it was sweet viz! Have a safe drive north!
Thanks @Johnoly!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom