Just a couple more Zeagle Ranger Questions, I promise!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the things we are looking at adding to the website is video on "how to re-thread the ripcord". I think it seems like an ominous thing to many people, but once they actually do it, they find out that it is amazingly simple!!!

As for your other questions, David:

1. The ripcord has a stop built in. It will only come out about 9-12 inches or so. IF you try hard to pull it all the way out, you can - don't do this, please. :wink:

2. Look at how it is threaded, pull it, and learn. If you have a problem, call Larry at ScubaToys or myself at Zeagle and we can most likely walk you through it. I promise that once you learn you will come back on the forum and say, "You were right - it's simple!"

3. Put the BC on like you would when you are diving. (no tank needed)
Manually inflate the BC until you can tell that it is nearly full.
Pull down on the corrugated hose/inflator.
You should here air releasing from the Remote Exhaust on your shoulder.
If you pull the whole thing off, we have a serious problem - please call me ASAP!! :D

4. Cut the straps, burn the ends, go diving!!!

Seriously, I hope I have answered your questions. If not, please give Larry at Scuba Toys a call and I know he will help you. If Larry doesn't know (which is HIGHLY unlikely!), drop me a PM or call me at Zeagle.

Also, to anyone who bought a Zeagle BC with a ripcord from your LDS, and are afraid to pull the ripcord: PLEASE take it to the dealer and ask them to show you how to re-thread it. All of our authorized dealers should be able to give you a 5 minute demo on the ease. If they can't, please PM me here with the info and I will make sure that they get the training they need!!!!

Thanks for diving Zeagle! You guys rock!!!

Scott

Yeah... I just pulled and rethreaded mine... took just a few minutes... I'll do it again and post pics if there's a demand.

Pretty easy... 3 lengths of cord on each side... thread cord through grommets to make a loop, run red ripcord through the loop ends... done.

-B

fairbanksdiver:
Yeah... I just pulled and rethreaded mine... took just a few minutes... I'll do it again and post pics if there's a demand.

Pretty easy... 3 lengths of cord on each side... thread cord through grommets to make a loop, run red ripcord through the loop ends... done.

-B

Uh... if you did three on each side... you missed one. There are 4...

Slightly off topic but, are their any special servicing consideration with the quick release other than just washing the salt of it? Does the rip cable/loops need to be replaced every x year?

Had my Ranger for 9 months (40 dives) still looks like new, great product.

Peter

Sorry browser crashed - double posting

Slightly off topic but, are their any special servicing consideration with the quick release other than just washing the salt of it? Does the rip cable need to be replaced every x year?

Had my Ranger for 9 months (40 dives) still looks like new great product.

Peter

peter_dorset:
Slightly off topic but, are their any special servicing consideration with the quick release other than just washing the salt of it? Does the rip cable/loops need to be replaced every x year?

Had my Ranger for 9 months (40 dives) still looks like new, great product.

Peter

The ripcord system should last the lifetime of the BC.
I will not say that we never get any back for a repair or replacement, but it is pretty rare, and generaly BCs that have a lot more dives than the average Joe (instructors, rental BC, etc...)

Scott

Scott,
Another slightly off subject question for you. I've had my Ranger for over 5 yrs. and love it. I've been told that the backplate in the Tech is better for doubles that the one in the Ranger. Any truth to this?
Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom