Question concerning pulled comment.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

js1221

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’m not trying to cause problems and I don’t want to end up in Scubaboard Jail (if there is such a thing) but I have a question concerning a recent post of mine that was pulled.

I’m normally very PC and don’t get into controversial topics. Recently a post was submitted regard which was a better dive computer, the Aqualung or the Shearwater. As I’ve had and used both I commented on the good and bad experiences I’ve had. Another poster began commenting about how bad SW customer support was in Europe to the extent that it took over the entire post, as he continued his rant. I posted that we should stay on topic and maybe move his bad experience to its own topic. My post was pulled as being inflammatory. I accepted that, and went on with my day as the ranter continued to post.

Fast forward to today and another SW topic came up regarding their transmitters. Same ranter is back, making comments. One regular poster even called him “snarky.”

My question is; what are the rules about pulling posts? I just asked that we stay on topic and my post was pulled but this other poster is allowed to continue his rants unfettered. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

I’m not trying to cause problems and I don’t want to end up in Scubaboard Jail (if there is such a thing) but I have a question concerning a recent post of mine that was pulled.

I’m normally very PC and don’t get into controversial topics. Recently a post was submitted regard which was a better dive computer, the Aqualung or the Shearwater. As I’ve had and used both I commented on the good and bad experiences I’ve had. Another poster began commenting about how bad SW customer support was in Europe to the extent that it took over the entire post, as he continued his rant. I posted that we should stay on topic and maybe move his bad experience to its own topic. My post was pulled as being inflammatory. I accepted that, and went on with my day as the ranter continued to post.

Fast forward to today and another SW topic came up regarding their transmitters. Same ranter is back, making comments. One regular poster even called him “snarky.”

My question is; what are the rules about pulling posts? I just asked that we stay on topic and my post was pulled but this other poster is allowed to continue his rants unfettered. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks
Many times a post is pulled because once they remove other posts it doesn’t stand on its own.

My post was pulled as being inflammatory.
It was probably pulled as a response to an inflammatory comment. I'll try to suss it out for you.

Reactions: OTF
Thanks everyone. I’ve received two private messages that explained why things happen and both provided the information I was looking for. I appreciate the work the moderators do maintaining the site, and for them taking the time to respond to my question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom